shape
carat
color
clarity

Help identifying ring..?

bisenchanted

Rough_Rock
I have a ring that was labeled as a 1930s art deco piece. I’ve attached photos. I’m interested to see what kind of ring it is, but it looks like some old constume jewelry so I doubt there’s much on it. 1B1553C6-2631-46DA-8C66-C332E5F3DA9C.jpeg CA35E447-0948-40E2-B4D5-9589DE43631B.jpeg F5403C28-A246-4B44-919F-38EC32CC947F.jpeg

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is a bit of a puzzle. It does not look like gold, at least in these pictures. The lack of polishing and finish work around the edges indicate that its likely not a high end or custom piece, but the split shank does look hand-crafted.

I seriously doubt that this was actually made in the art deco era. The granules bring to mind North African/Moroccan/Berber styles, but... the lack of other ornamental flourishes kind of argues against that.

That gray stone is lovely! Perhaps if someone can help you identify the stone, it could provide a clue to the ring’s origins.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stylistically your ring would not be dated as “Art Deco”, that doesn’t mean it’s not old, it could be, just not Art Deco in style or design.
if it were precious metal it should be hallmarked as such however more rustic or artisan pieces may not be assayed.
it doesn’t look like gold to me, possibly a brass/ copper alloy but a pawnbroker could easily test the metal for you.
as to the grey gem, it could be glass, a type of agate or ?
if the metal content is not “precious” it is most likely glass or similar. If gold, it is more likely to be a semi precious or precious gemstone.
id take it into a pawnbroker or jeweller and see if they can test it for you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results