shape
carat
color
clarity

Help Identifying My Great Aunt's Ring?

covecove

Rough_Rock
IMG_20230704_124144.jpg IMG_20230704_124220.jpg IMG_20230704_124156.jpg

Hey, it's my first time posting! I was wondering if anyone might know anything about this ring I got from my deceased great aunt. I've had it appraised before so I know the diamonds are real and the white gold is 14k, but I don't really know anything else about it. The only mark on it is the 14k mark, which I can't get a good picture of. Any information would be a big help, thanks in advance!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
I'm sorry you lost your great aunt, but what a lovely ring to remember her by! It looks like it may have been made in the 1960s or so from older diamonds. The larger diamond is an Old European Cut, a cutting style that many of us here love. The little ones look like single cuts, which were used as accent stones in the earlier decades of the 20th century. Maybe your great aunt had an older piece of jewelry that had gone out of fashion converted into this pretty, eye-catching cocktail ring?

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry you lost your great aunt, but what a lovely ring to remember her by! It looks like it may have been made in the 1960s or so from older diamonds. The larger diamond is an Old European Cut, a cutting style that many of us here love. The little ones look like single cuts, which were used as accent stones in the earlier decades of the 20th century. Maybe your great aunt had an older piece of jewelry that had gone out of fashion converted into this pretty, eye-catching cocktail ring?

I agree. The textured finish has a mid-century modern vibe, but the “center stone” seems to pre-date that era. The five-stone “fringe,” shown at the top of the ring in your center photo, also looks like an older style than the rest of the ring. And… am I seeing a single bezel-set stone on the opposite edge? It looks as if your aunt might have taken an older piece - perhaps an heirloom ring or pendant - and added more contemporary elements to make this statement ring.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results