shape
carat
color
clarity

Help identify please

Susan Martinson

Rough_Rock
IMG_5754.JPG IMG_5755.JPG I have a heavy rose quartz necklace with a type of plastic black and mauve colored beads above each RQ bead. It's about 32" long. Can anyone give me ideas as to appropriate search terms that might help me identify it? The chain is a linked gold with scroll type impressions on it. No hallmark. TIA.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, it’s very beautiful. Is it of Indian origin? The black beads could be jet or onyx, the opaque brown bead agate or jasper and the clear pink mauve beads could also be rose quartz (but the clear variety) or maybe tourmalines. Given the beautiful work on the chain links, I think the chain is gold, a jeweller can test that for you.

Susan Martinson

Rough_Rock
Thanks bron357 I think it's more high end costume jewelry. I have no idea India? I will plug in and see if that pulls results any closer. I can't get a feeling for the era. I purchased a huge lot, about a quarter of it is 40s and 50s and half is late 60s and 70s : avon, Sarah Coventry, few tortolani , A dozen marked Japan, one Thailand, some west Germany. I've only found 3 pieces with real diamonds but a lot of what look like nice gemstones. It's from two generations of women in the same family. The mauve sounds like plastic when tapped ( compared to the rose quartz) .

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You could try the hot pin test on the beads to see if they're plastic.
These pink beads might be glass. I think I can see swirls around the bottom where the head pin goes through. They might be lamp work glass beads.

I think it is costume jewelry from the 60s-70s.

Susan Martinson

Rough_Rock
Ahhh - I'll investigate that. I didn't verify rose quartz. Just one person said that's what it is. I can see tiny what look like bubbles that maybe point twords glass. Thanks!

Susan Martinson

Rough_Rock
And we have a winner! Stracii2000. Thanks so much. When I searched 60s pink glass bead necklace I found a near identical hit:twisted2: Miriam Haskell value 250 to $300. just wanted to share the successful find. ;-)

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay!
Miriam Haskell is very desirable stuff!
Now you must wear it, at least once or twice!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results