shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! I want a fat, maybe a 1.40 ratio, LGD, HPHT Emerald cut?

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found one today but it was a CVD. It was over 3cts and that is the range I want to stay in :) Also, I did not write down the website or commit it to memory (UGH!) But I want to stay in the "$2k range! I know that is possible as I saw a ton of them within the price range. Darn I am mad at myself for not keeping that website on sleep mode with my laptop. Oh where is that Krupp LGD without the price? Teehee!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found it! Thoughts? https://loupe360.com/diamond/LG585302868/video/500/500 It is 3.44 cts
CARAT
SIZE (MM)
9.95 - 6.98 X 4.72 MM
CUT
IdealPerfectly-Proportioned To Return All Light That Enters For Maximum Fire. Only 5% Of Mined Diamonds Meet This Standard.
COLOR
FAlmost Colorless, With Slight Color Visible To Expert Gemologists. Still Considered A Very High Quality Grade.
CLARITY
VVS2Very, Very Slightly Included. Extremely Small Inclusions Are Difficult For An Expert To See Under 10x Magnification And Invisible To The Naked Eye; Slightly More Inclusions Than VVS1.
IN THE BOX
Diamond, GIA/IGI Certificate.
TABLE & DEPTH
62.00%, 67.60%
L/W RATIO
SKU
GROWTH TYPE
CVD

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks amazing to my eyes!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well shoot.... I guess they are out of India.... don't feel comfortable ordering from that far away :(

SeattleiteGirl

Rough_Rock
I found it! Thoughts? https://loupe360.com/diamond/LG585302868/video/500/500 It is 3.44 cts
CARAT
SIZE (MM)
9.95 - 6.98 X 4.72 MM
CUT
IdealPerfectly-Proportioned To Return All Light That Enters For Maximum Fire. Only 5% Of Mined Diamonds Meet This Standard.
COLOR
FAlmost Colorless, With Slight Color Visible To Expert Gemologists. Still Considered A Very High Quality Grade.
CLARITY
VVS2Very, Very Slightly Included. Extremely Small Inclusions Are Difficult For An Expert To See Under 10x Magnification And Invisible To The Naked Eye; Slightly More Inclusions Than VVS1.
IN THE BOX
Diamond, GIA/IGI Certificate.
TABLE & DEPTH
62.00%, 67.60%
L/W RATIO
SKU
GROWTH TYPE
CVD

My initial thoughts are that it has a huge bulge (meaning it faces up small and in this case it’s faces up REALLY small, it’s about the same face up mm as my 2.79ct!) and that there is no such thing as an “ideal” cut Emerald cut, unless it’s branded by a well-known cutter that has created an “ideal” cut of their own.

I’d HIGHLY suggest you purchase the diamond in a way that someone can see it in person and take videos and light performance imaging for you. 360 videos mask windowing and light leakage really well. Have you reached out to ID Jewelry? About a month ago, they had at least a few LGDs in that carat range for under $2000 in their showroom and that way they can evaluate the diamond in person for you.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really liked the shape of it but, honestly, not really boiled over it. This is why I ask for help. I am in no hurry though.

breanne

Brilliant_Rock
I really liked the shape of it but, honestly, not really boiled over it. This is why I ask for help. I am in no hurry though.

Was it the site you found that was in India? I found it on brilliance, but just know it is likely still in India as most LGD are imported.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Was it the site you found that was in India? I found it on brilliance, but just know it is likely still in India as most LGD are imported.

I understand that. I am not new to buying these...

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You did say ordering from that far away, so I gave you an answer. No worries.
I didn't mean to come across as snarky so I apologize. I understand that many USA vendors get their diamonds/gemstones from overseas. A good return policy back to a USA vendor is what I prefer rather than sending an item back overseas. I am not comfortable with that especially with an expensive item.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results