shape
carat
color
clarity

Help I only have a couple of days to decide!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

slofizz

Rough_Rock
Hi All,
Well me and my girl of 10 yrs have decided to get married but i haven''t bought a ring yet. Our date is set for August 22! Obviously I need the ring in a few days so I kept the design very simple. Here is what i''ve found so far.
At Robbins 8th and Walnut in Philadelphia, I put a deposit on a engagment ring. Here are the details tell me what you think.

DIAMOND Marquise
Cut - 3A
Carat - .94
Color - H
Clarity - SI1

I looked at it under the micro at 10x and there was a slight inclusion(no carbon) near the middle and the 2 more slight inclusions off to the edge of the diamond. It was very difficult to see them with my naked eye. My impression was that it was a pretty nice diamond.

The price on this diamond is $3200.

SETTING
The setting was a platinum solitaire setting 6 prong. it wasn''t to thick nor to thin. very simple classic look. The price on that was $299.

WEDDING BAND
platinum band with 7 diamonds .37 tw carat at a price of $1068.

My personal opinion is that the engagement ring is at a pretty good price, but the wedding band is overpriced.
Let me know folks what you think!
Thanks a million

slofizz

Rough_Rock
any thought on this?
confused.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
You said the cut is 3A... Are you using AGA charts?
I'd look for a better cut diamond. A 3A stibe can be very attractive, but there's something nicer out there.
What abou the bowtie effect? Is it visible or negligible?
1.gif

slofizz

Rough_Rock
I didn't even ask about the bowtie effect or know about it. as for the chart i'm pretty sure it was the aga chart.

Any tips for me when i go look at this diamond again?? i am losing sleep over this. Now i'm starting to look at the internet stores(whiteflash.com) but i am afraid the ring wouldn't get finished fast enough. My options are running out because i need this ring pronto, which doesn't help me at the bargaining table

any thoughts?
confused.gif

Boulder

Shiny_Rock
From what I've heard, some of the internet vendors that post on here can have a very fast turnaround time. Check with them and see if they can meet your deadline.
If you have some time for reading, you make check out the 'cut' section in the diamond education part of http://www.goodoldgold.com. That might help with making an educated decision.
Good luck!
1.gif

8*flash

Rough_Rock
You have more than 3 weeks! That is MORE than enough time to get a much better stone than a 3A cut that you are referring to through an online vendor, and have them set it.

clementine

Shiny_Rock
I know there are several vendors online who can get your setting done in time, and I'm willing to bet that you'll end up with a MUCH nicer diamond in the end. Contact a couple of them today, and get them looking right away. That way you can concentrate on the big day!
Good luck!
1.gif

slofizz

Rough_Rock
I took your advice and I just took delivery of a beautiful diamond from
dirtcheatdiamonds.com
here are the details
round brilliant
E
VS2
depth 59.4
table 57.8
crown 34
pavil 40.5
diam 5.99 -6.04 x 3.57

.4 on the holloway
paid - 3338
My girl is going to be bling blinging down the street with that rock
THANK you all for convincing me to go internet. I would of never got a price like that

8*flash

Rough_Rock
Congrats! What did you decide on the setting?

Boulder

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations, slofizz!!
appl.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results