shape
carat
color
clarity

Help ! I need opinions about this diamond please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lesco

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all,

As you may remember from previous posts, I am looking into upgrading my e-ring:
I found a stone, that to me, is absolutely stunning. It is currently on hold.

Should I buy it? I am looking forward to your feedback.

These are the specs:
Shape: Round Brilliant
Measurements: 5.97 x 6.02 x 3.71mm
Carat: 0.82
Color: E
Clarity: VS2
Clarity Characteristics: Feather ( at 6 o clock - I looked at it myself)
Cut Grade: Excellent
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Fluorescence: Faint
Total Depth: 61.9%
Table Size: 57%
Crown Angle: 34.0
Pavilion Angle: 41.0
Girdle: Med to STK
Culet : None
GIA Cert
Price: 3,764 x Tax ( Yea, it sucks )

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
didn''t check the price, as long as the lgf% is on the long side and it has decent optical symmetry it should be a great diamond.
That is one of my favorite angle combos.

lesco

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/13/2008 9:46:57 PM
Author: strmrdr
didn''t check the price, as long as the lgf% is on the long side and it has decent optical symmetry it should be a great diamond.
That is one of my favorite angle combos.
Thank you. If I may ask. What is lgf% and how do I determine if it is on the long side?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
lower girdle facet, the number will be on the left of the diamond diagram and will either be 70 or 75 or 80 or 85.
If its 70 or 75 pass if its 80 or 85 then consider it.

lesco

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/14/2008 1:10:58 AM
lower girdle facet, the number will be on the left of the diamond diagram and will either be 70 or 75 or 80 or 85.
The lgf% is 80. I guess that''s good news. Thank you.
I ran it through the HCA and its scores 1.5 I believe. HCA gave me excellent for Fire anf Light Return and Very Good For Scintillation and Spread.
I know HCA is a "rejection tool", so based on this it looks that I should give the stone some consideration.

My concerns with this diamond are these.

1- I don''t know if the scintillation score is good enough, it kind of bothers me.

2- I am concern about the faint fluoro vs. E color combo. Would a colorless diamond just look " ghostly white" like a cubic zirconia when fluoro is present?

I would appreciate your answers and any other opinions about the diamond in general

Thanks PRICESCOPE community - Oh boy, I''m stressed out!
33.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wouldn''t worry so much about the scintillation grade.

And faint fluorescence will have absolutely no affect on your stone. You will never even see it, uless you go somewhere that has a blacklight.
28.gif

The diamond looks great!!

lesco

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you.

Date: 3/14/2008 10:11:04 AM
Author: Ellen
I wouldn''t worry so much about the scintillation grade.

And faint fluorescence will have absolutely no affect on your stone. You will never even see it, uless you go somewhere that has a blacklight.
28.gif

The diamond looks great!!
Thanks that is reasurring. I am going CRAZY about this.

Should I ask for other info. such a Sarin report or it that an overkill? I am afraid this REALLY NICE gentleman I''m dealing with is going to throw me out the window. Should I just go ahead and buy it?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/14/2008 10:31:15 AM
Author: lesco
Thank you.

Thanks that is reasurring. I am going CRAZY about this.

Should I ask for other info. such a Sarin report or it that an overkill? I am afraid this REALLY NICE gentleman I'm dealing with is going to throw me out the window. Should I just go ahead and buy it?
Well, I suppose that all depends on if you can handle being thrown out a window.
9.gif
2.gif

I would recommend just buying it, but, to assure you have as great of a stone as it appears, have it independantly appraised, if you weren't planning on that. You'd need that info for insurance anyway.

Let us know how it turns out if you can! And you're quite welcome.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
E with faint is no issue.If it was me id check it with a handheld IS or ASET scope and if it checked out buy it. (you dont sounds worried about price so not taking it into account nor checking it)
Well cut its one of my favorite combos.

http://www.ideal-scope.com

lesco

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/14/2008 11:48:07 AM
E with faint is no issue.If it was me id check it with a handheld IS or ASET scope and if it checked out buy it. (you dont sounds worried about price so not taking it into account nor checking it)

Well, I did check with handheld IS and I saw a whole lot of RED. No white areas in the center. I saw some vees in the corner.I kinda assumed that pricing was OK based on the lack of feedback about it.

I apologize for bothering PSers with oh! so many questions. Is there a chance you or anyone else in the forum could provide some comments about pricing? I know, I''m a pain in the b**t.

Thank you so much everyone !
16.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/14/2008 12:39:01 PM

Well, I did check with handheld IS and I saw a whole lot of RED. No white areas in the center. I saw some vees in the corner.I kinda assumed that pricing was OK based on the lack of feedback about it.

I apologize for bothering PSers with oh! so many questions. Is there a chance you or anyone else in the forum could provide some comments about pricing? I know, I''m a pain in the b**t.

16.gif
how were the arrows?
price is reasonable even with tax it isnt bad.

lesco

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/14/2008 1:01:07 PM

16.gif
how were the arrows?
Not sure about the arrows, they were distinguishable. The stone looked pretty symmetrical to me.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/14/2008 1:18:31 PM

Date: 3/14/2008 1:01:07 PM

16.gif
how were the arrows?
Not sure about the arrows, they were distinguishable. The stone looked pretty symmetrical to me.
buy it :}

lesco

Brilliant_Rock
I just called the dealer. I''m on my way to finalize the purchase. I will let you all know how it turns out.

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Hi strmrdr

Why pass on 70-75 lgf%?

Also, which angle are your faves? The crown/pav.?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/14/2008 2:09:12 PM
Author: lisa1.01fvs1

Hi strmrdr

Why pass on 70-75 lgf%?

this combo needs longer lgf%, the c/p combo lends itself too working with them better.

There are several different combos that I like, low 34s with a 41 pavilion and long lgf% was my very favorite for a long time.
wifey2b''s off the top of my head is around 34.5/40.9/79%
That was as close as I could get too 34/41 and it is kicken.

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/14/2008 2:17:08 PM

Date: 3/14/2008 2:09:12 PM

Hi strmrdr

Why pass on 70-75 lgf%?

this combo needs longer lgf%, the c/p combo lends itself too working with them better.

There are several different combos that I like, low 34s with a 41 pavilion and long lgf% was my very favorite for a long time.
wifey2b''s off the top of my head is around 34.5/40.9/79%
That was as close as I could get too 34/41 and it is kicken.

Sorry to beat a dead horse here Strmrdr but if you have say a c/p combo of 35.2/40.9 and lgf% 75 this isn''t as great?

Or is it all balanced?

Thanks for your input!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2008 1:37:39 AM

Sorry to beat a dead horse here Strmrdr but if you have say a c/p combo of 35.2/40.9 and lgf% 75 this isn''t as great?

Or is it all balanced?

Thanks for your input!
75% actual or 75% GIA rounded?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The price looks good to me. I paid $3000 for a .75 H VS2 a year ago. Your stone looks great!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results