shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! I don't know how to read these reports!

4Sophie

Rough_Rock
I wouldn't choose a stone solely based on numbers...the above stone has no video. I was just asking if this was better and worth looking into based on the the numbers and additional depth.

Thanks so much for all the help!. I really appreciate it!

4Sophie

Rough_Rock
I think the issue is that you haven't posted videos or pics of any of the stones you are considering, so we can't really help narrow it down.

Thanks so much....I will try to post the videos when and if I get them.

Alybetter

Brilliant_Rock
Will someone please interpret this for me? Thanks!!!

LG4002_JKG RB HA ASET.jpg

Curious, is this from Distinctive Gem? Looks a little like a Rhino Gem report. I know he has a sarin machine and leases grading criteria from GIA and AGS..

4Sophie

Rough_Rock
Curious, is this from Distinctive Gem? Looks a little like a Rhino Gem report. I know he has a sarin machine and leases grading criteria from GIA and AGS..

No, it's not from DG. Do you know how to read the light return images?

Alybetter

Brilliant_Rock
No, it's not from DG. Do you know how to read the light return images?

Have you checked YouTube? There are lots of videos that teach how to interpret these images. Safer to learn from an expert vs me ;-)

4Sophie

Rough_Rock
Diamond #2 with the 40.6/35.0/58 combo should be nicely balanced between brilliance and fire.

Diamond #1 with the 41.0/33.5/58 combo should lean towards more brilliance.

Diamond #3 with the 40.8/34.0/58 combo should also lean towards more brilliance.

I'd be most interested in Diamond #2, based on my personal preference.

Would you be so kind as look up Gcal LG312941389 of the Gcal site and tell me what you think? The HCA score is 0.7.........would this work in a ring?

Thanks!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Would you be so kind as look up Gcal LG312941389 of the Gcal site and tell me what you think? The HCA score is 0.7.........would this work in a ring?

Thanks!

Absolutely gorgeous diamond!
40.6/34.5/57 combo with a nice 15% crown height would work perfectly for a ring.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks!

This is such a beautiful diamond. Amazing performance and proportions.

4Sophie

Rough_Rock
They mean a great deal, but they are computer generated based off of data that's been entered.
You can go off of those and likely be just fine, because the generated images are quite accurate.
Me, personally, would also want to see the live ASET images because my science and engineering brain require them for utmost appeasement.
40.6/34.5/57 combo with a nice 15% crown height would work perfectly for a ring.

Would you please be so kind to compare the first one with these below?
Also do you see anything bad about the inclusions in each one? THANKS!!!
Gcal 320190388 and Gcal and Gcal 3201903
What about the low HCA score for getting dark close up?
Would you please compare the first one to these 3:

Gcal LG320190388, Gcal LG320190378, and Gcal LG312941381
I don't know anything about inclusions...any comments? THANKS SO MUCH!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Would you please be so kind to compare the first one with these below?
Also do you see anything bad about the inclusions in each one? THANKS!!!
Gcal 320190388 and Gcal and Gcal 3201903

What about the low HCA score for getting dark close up?
Would you please compare the first one to these 3:

Gcal LG320190388, Gcal LG320190378, and Gcal LG312941381
I don't know anything about inclusions...any comments? THANKS SO MUCH!

I like this one the best out of the three.

4Sophie

Rough_Rock
I like this one the best out of the three.

Here is one more with the 34.5/40.6 combination.....but the table is only 56% and
the HCA score is .6. Would this be ok? even with the .6 HCA? It is $300 than the first one. Gcal LG320190390. Please don't just say "I like the first one". I would like to know if you think this is nice and whether the HCA score matters at .6
THANKS FOR LOOKING !

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Here is one more with the 34.5/40.6 combination.....but the table is only 56% and
the HCA score is .6. Would this be ok? even with the .6 HCA? It is $300 than the first one. Gcal LG320190390. Please don't just say "I like the first one". I would like to know if you think this is nice and whether the HCA score matters at .6
THANKS FOR LOOKING !

I like the first one.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I like the first one.

Ha, I had to do it.

My thoughts are this: either are so close to each other's specs that I think it will be impossible to discern any miniscule differences with the naked eye. All of the advanced images look great.
The HCA score isn't a problem, since the proportions and angles are well within ranges that most super ideal cut vendors would gladly give a stamp of approval to.
Since you are looking at GCAL 8X graded diamonds, you are seeing examples of diamonds with proportions and angles that fit within an exceptionally tight set of requirements which is designed to provide peace of mind for the buyer.

My only additional advice would be to perhaps relax the clarity grade a bit to VS1-VS2 to either save a bit more money or attain a bigger spread/diameter at the same price. Even many SI1 at this carat weight range can be advantageous.

Last edited:

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I may add my opinion, my favorites are

and

And between the two, I'd pick whichever one is cheaper. I prefer these to 320190378 because the pavilion seems to be cut a tad more evenly on these two.

Although I don't think you have anything to worry about on an HCA score of 0.6 for a GCAL 8x stone since it's already excellent in brilliance and scintillation, I personally prefer HCA scores of 0.9 or above for a ring. Just for mind-clean reasons, so I don't have to worry that I might see any obstruction/darkness. 34.5/40.8 is also one of my favorite crown/pavilion angle combinations. All this is purely personal preference.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

and

And between the two, I'd pick whichever one is cheaper. I prefer these to 320190378 because the pavilion seems to be cut a tad more evenly on these two.

Although I don't think you have anything to worry about on an HCA score of 0.6 for a GCAL 8x stone since it's already excellent in brilliance and scintillation, I personally prefer HCA scores of 0.9 or above for a ring. Just for mind-clean reasons, so I don't have to worry that I might see any obstruction/darkness. 34.5/40.8 is also one of my favorite crown/pavilion angle combinations. All this is purely personal preference.

Great insight, Kim N. Agreed that it may, indeed, boil down to go with whichever saves the most money because they are so close in specs.

4Sophie

Rough_Rock

and

Thanks for your comments! Here is one more and it is the cheapest! Gcal 320190423
I am wondering if you could please give me your thoughts on this one? Thanks!

4Sophie

Rough_Rock

and

Thanks for your comments...here is one more and it is the cheapest.
Gcal 320190423. Any thoughts on this one? Thanks very much!

4Sophie

Rough_Rock

sorry. It is Gcal LG320190423.......thanks for all your comments!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I like it a lot! Since it's the cheapest, I'd definitely go with this one.

4Sophie

Rough_Rock
I like it a lot! Since it's the cheapest, I'd definitely go with this one.
Thank you sooooo much! I sincerely appreciate all your time and comments.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you sooooo much! I sincerely appreciate all your time and comments.

You're very welcome! So glad I could help, and please come back with photos once you get your diamond!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results