shape
carat
color
clarity

Help - hunt for 1.3 ct range - ACA ?

Old_Fossil

Rough_Rock
Well hello @Hello. I just purchased some ACA studs 3 ctw in I color, and through that long process and from what I have learned from this site and others, is that proportions are interesting, but ASET and Idealscope images and high quality HD video can validate the performance of any set of given proportions when buying online.

If it is an ACA stone, I would bet a significant sum that the light performance is spectacular, and you will have no worries at all with that one.

Here is what I provide as alternatives/references, as limited as they may be:

A Brian Gavin Signature Round 1.194 I color VVS1 for $7.1k (wired) here

Two James Allen True Hearts I color VS1 (1.21/1.22) for $7.7k ea here

Two Victor Canera 1.21 Ideal Hearts I color (VS1/VS2) for $9.3k ea here

My experience here is limited, but I know other PSers will come in I am sure with excellent advice and suitable alternatives.

I purchased JM insurance for my recent studs and a ring upgrade, so glad to know it seems to be working out for you. Somewhat reassuring. Let us know what you select.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Old_Fossil posted some great alternatives.

The ACA seems to be the best bang for the buck. The proportions are a little outside what we usually recommend, but the ASET and Ideal-Scope images show that it will still perform well. They have a good return policy. Can you buy it to check it out in person?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so happy with WF ACAs, that I would not even bother paying attention to the cut specs.
After setting my budget I'd pick a few around that price.
Then I'd juggle the carat, color and clarity.

If I could afford it, I'd buy 2, 3, or 4, and live with them for a few days.
I'd take them into lots of different lighting environments.
Then, after choosing my favorite I'd be less likely to 2nd guess myself and have buyer's remorse.

Last edited:

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

Hello

Rough_Rock
Not a fan of that particular ACA.

Maybe an alternative?

Thank you for the suggestion.

went with the Brian Gavin 1.3.

Jewelers Mutual has been incredibly easy to work on the replacement and 100% recommend. Even got a slight size upgrade !

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results