shape
carat
color
clarity

help!!! how to know the AGS report is match the diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

qilong2000

Rough_Rock
hi, today i received diamond from whiteflash . the diamond come with a AGS quality report.

the report look good. but i have a question. how can i know the report is match the diamond in the package?

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2006 10:29:21 PM
Author:qilong2000
hi, today i received diamond from whiteflash . the diamond come with a AGS quality report.

the report look good. but i have a question. how can i know the report is match the diamond in the package?

If it one of their A Cut Above diamonds, it has a laser inscription on it done by AGS.

You'll need a scope or loupe to see it. Also if it does have an inscription it will be marked in the comments section of the report.

Rockdoc

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unless it is an internally flawless stone it has some flaws.
Those flaws will be drawn in on the diagrams of the AGS report.
Red ink means the flaw is inside the stone, green means it is on the surface (I think, read your report.)

Buy a 10 power jewler's loupe and find the flaws in your stone.
It may take a while to get the hang of it, you may want to go to a reputable jeweler for help.
Just don't let the stone out of your sight.
Verify that the flaws in your stone match the report.

You could pay an appraiser to do this for you.
I once bought a diamond and paid a local jeweler (who was a GIA Graduate Gemologist) $25 just to verify the stone matched the report.

I believe the laser inscription is not absolute proof.
Anyone, with money, can buy this laser.
If someone is dishonest enough to swap stones the are dishonest enough to buy a laser inscriber.
I am casting no suspicions on Whiteflash, I know they are honest.
I just mention this for others.

Lastly I'll say that most people just trust their vendor otherwise they wouldn't have bought there.
Honest mistakes are possible but must be very rare.
This is an industry largely based on trust.
I always say, "Trust but verify."

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results