shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! How to DM a vendor on instagram? On my Mac???

Q

Queenie60

Ok - I viewed a youtoube video to see how to dm a vendor on instagram. Why is this so very complicated where I need to download other things from the App store? Can someone tell me how to do this in a simple way? Please excuse my ignorance however this is not user friendly. Please my PS friends - chime in and help me out!!@@##

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok - I viewed a youtoube video to see how to dm a vendor on instagram. Why is this so very complicated where I need to download other things from the App store? Can someone tell me how to do this in a simple way? Please excuse my ignorance however this is not user friendly. Please my PS friends - chime in and help me out!!@@##

Hi Queenie, I am not tech savvy so forgive me for chiming in but until someone else who knows more than I do about computers etc does here are my thoughts. I don't think you can DM someone on IG from your Mac computer. And I agree. IG messaging is not user friendly at all.

I think you need an Ipad or Phone or some other device like that to instant message. Of course I could be wrong and if you can find the app to download to your computer then you just might be able to DM. But if you have a phone or similar device it's easy to DM. Just go to the vendor's page and hit the triangular thing or just the message box and voila. You can easily message the vendor.

Good luck.

cettesaphir

Rough_Rock
Just like Missy said, I have never been able to access DMs via my laptop (Macbook) when logged into instagram.com -- only when I have the app open on my iPhone. Frustrating indeed!

elizat

Ideal_Rock
You will need to use the app on your phone or a tablet. You cannot direct message on a computer.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A sales platform that presumes availability of a smartphone or tablet and willingness to browse on a small screen through a mobile interface.

Yet another #WTF to add to the (already extensive) list of Instagram sales WTFs.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You will need to use the app on your phone or a tablet. You cannot direct message on a computer.
This. Which I hate.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A sales platform that presumes availability of a smartphone or tablet and willingness to browse on a small screen through a mobile interface.

Yet another #WTF to add to the (already extensive) list of Instagram sales WTFs.

Let's not forget IG falls under the "leadership" and direction of Zuckerberg. :roll2: :wall:

xVzJ2fN.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you tried to google the company on a platform other than Instagram? Most of them have websites or facebooks or etsys you can reach them on.

Q

Queenie60

Have you tried to google the company on a platform other than Instagram? Most of them have websites or facebooks or etsys you can reach them on.
Thank you - and yes, I went to the Etsy store and she has nothing listed. She simply does her sells via IG. Frustrating. Thank you for the advise, I appreciate your input. Q

Q

Queenie60

Thank you. Maybe I'll try that with my 50is year old eyes on that tiny screen!!! Or, on another note, is it worth it!!! I appreciate your input. Q

kmajid

Shiny_Rock
You should be able to do it using these steps if you really need to do it from your mac.

Go to instagram using Safari
Click on Develop, which is a tab in the top bar
Select User Agent, then Safari-Iphone

While it's not as user friendly as the app, you should be able to send a DM from your computer this way.

Just a heads up though, sometimes DMs don't show up if they aren't following you, so simply commenting on one of their posts saying that you'd like to get ahold of someone may be a more effective way to reach out.

Q

Queenie60

Hi Queenie, I am not tech savvy so forgive me for chiming in but until someone else who knows more than I do about computers etc does here are my thoughts. I don't think you can DM someone on IG from your Mac computer. And I agree. IG messaging is not user friendly at all.

I think you need an Ipad or Phone or some other device like that to instant message. Of course I could be wrong and if you can find the app to download to your computer then you just might be able to DM. But if you have a phone or similar device it's easy to DM. Just go to the vendor's page and hit the triangular thing or just the message box and voila. You can easily message the vendor.

Good luck.
Thank you @missy - at least I know that I haven't gone senile. Maybe I'll try this once I gather the courage. :((

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you - and yes, I went to the Etsy store and she has nothing listed. She simply does her sells via IG. Frustrating. Thank you for the advise, I appreciate your input. Q

Log into your Etsy account and go to her shop. You’ll see this little icon to message her. 8FB237D2-13FE-47A2-BB8A-1886654E9CAA.jpeg

Click on it and you can send her a message:

73384387-A480-4E62-99BF-781DEEA57A9A.png

The interface will look different on your computer but the idea is the same!

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Also, if you are wanting to reach Dolly, she has posted things on looptroop before with her email address. I actually have her email address that she has posted publicly there before.

elizat

Ideal_Rock

I personally hate the Instagram only sales. If you want to buy from a vendor on Instagram, a bunch of them have their email address listed in their profile. I know that Parks Fine group does, even though most of the sales are on Instagram. I think that they should put an alternate way of reaching them.

And it's a good point to that if they are not following you, that they have to approve to see your message.

Little one rsn

Rough_Rock
Does this platform have a direct message deal? I am new so I am floundering!

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The way people do it is to post their contact info on Loupetroop.

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You’ll have lots of questions maybe. Don’t be fearful to post in PS. Most are soooooo helpful!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results