shape
carat
color
clarity

HELP! How large should side stones and under halo stones be for a 1.5 ctr?

hiiamjamie3563

Rough_Rock
I’m having a major dilema...im updating my ering and wedding band and am looking into doing a simple hidden halo with side stones- but i think im way over my head with trying to figure out the measurements for the side stone and all the other crazy details. I do want a slightly thicker band but not chunky looking... how that translates in number ive approximated bases on shopping around but wanted to get folks’ feedback. So far the plan based on my research and estimates are as follows:

- 1.51 ct RBC ctr stone (7.51-7.55 mm)
-2.8mm width of band
-8 pt side diamonds (im thinking of going down to 7 - would that look too small- i prefer the side stones to be slightly more prominent)
-hidden halo with 3 pt diamonds (are those too big??? I dont want it too big that it will over power the ctr stone)
-my wedding band will be similar half eternity; with 8 pointers.

This is the look im trying to achieve- my head is seriously spinning from all these details...HELP!

https://www.instagram.com/p/_PtQAJpGhy/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=12xpqlq7zf2rd

upload_2018-12-11_22-51-20.jpeg

upload_2018-12-11_22-52-54.jpeg

Thoughts and pictures would extremely help.

Thanks!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Honestly, I would buy that one since you like it, because going custom doesn't always result in exactly what you have in mind.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You need to find a good jeweler where you just point at setting and tell him to make it for your stone. With that kind of delicate setting you should not and do not have the expertise to decide on the size of the melee stones that make up this setting. A good designer or jeweler will decide based on the design of your setting and size of your diamond. Like @diamondseeker2006 said get the one you like. If you need suggestions for ebdorsnlet us know.

hiiamjamie3563

Rough_Rock
472D300E-E695-46FF-8B65-0B8E746537C2.jpeg 59EEBBFB-2069-4EE1-A342-AFB9BABF8DD3.jpeg 5E95D74C-9D8D-479B-BCA6-A267D0B0AF85.jpeg 669DAA46-2E71-4795-9569-BA9AA30B73F8.jpeg B9C6369A-6DEF-4BD0-ABF1-9274B472359F.jpeg
Hi folks thanks so much for your feedback - after much research and anxiety I finally got my updated wedding set although its a bit thicker stacked i must say the jeweler did a really good job with replicating the design i wanted the thickness doesnt even bother me thought id share photos and say “thank you” for your guidance and feedback sorry if the pictures look a little blurry - im including photos of the rings stacked and separately. I ended up with 2.7mm bands each for the ering and wring with 7 pointers for the side stones and 1.5 pointers for the hidden halo. On a side note the reason we “updated” my set was because the initial set my hubby bought was EGL certified. Being real novices with diamond buying he didnt realize that EGL international diamonds were controversial because of inacurate and overgrading. We only found out later when we hit challenges insuring the stone because it was overgraded. Long story short my husband was incredibly upset and returned the entire set and we spent the last few months searching for perfect replacement. This time we did a lot of researching and purchased a GIA certified ctr stone and worked with a jeweler to replicate the setting i wanted. All the effort finally paid off and i got my rings by Christmas and im beyond happy with how it turned out Happy New Year everyone! ❤️

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, your set turned out absolutely stunning! Fantastic job by you and hubby, and a happy ending. Gorgeous!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness your set is stunning!!! :love::love::love: Blingy, bright, and so sparkly! Looks amazing on you!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! I'm so glad it turned out the way you wanted!!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!! You and Hubby did a great job and your rings look beautiful on you.

Diamond425

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations it is gorgeous. I am truly glad everything worked out. I am glad you have exactly what you want

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results