shape
carat
color
clarity

help! hollow band?

emeraldcrazed

Shiny_Rock
I have been searching for the perfect wedding band and I found a .50 G-H vs2 round and baguette diamond channel band in 18k for a $800 at a local store. The diamonds looked beautiful, I didn't realize the shank had 2 hollow spots on the inside. I called and asked about it when i got home,they said it is made lightweight to keep the cost down. They said their jewelry could fill it in, for $50. How stupid was I not to notice. I guess I was focusing on the diamond quality and the neatness of the channel set. Any advice? I don't want a ring that is not going to last or that will dent easy. Not sure if I can get my money back though! I am sick over this! :(

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Got any photos of what you are talking about. It might help.

emeraldcrazed

Shiny_Rock
Sorry I don't have any pics yet! When the ring is on you cant tell. It is when you look in the inside of the shank on the shoulder next to the channel set it has a cut out of metel on each side. It kinda reminds me of what a fashion ring might have. I can't believe i didn't notice. They are opened today so I am going to head over. Have you seen anything like that?

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yea my hubby's ring is like that and he hates it, water gets trapped in there and he always had to take it off to dry his finger because of the trapped water, his ring also was easily dented...he doesnt wear it anymore partly because of all this....

shihtzulover

Brilliant_Rock
Yikes, I can imagine how upset you are, since you didn't realize this before buying it. At least it sounds like they can fix the problem. If you're still unhappy, is there any way that you could return it and choose another?

I hope that you get everything sorted out quickly!

emeraldcrazed

Shiny_Rock
Ok problem solved! I went to the store today and I changed it with another band that is solid instead of hollow. It has the same pattern baguette and rounds. It is a tad wider too. I am going to be more careful when picking out jewelry in the future! I make alot of mistakes! I will post pics tomm. Thanks for all your help!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
oh good, I am glad they let you change it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results