shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! Highly Allergic to Nickel

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DesiLu

Rough_Rock
Well, as the subject line says, I''ve recently found out I''m highly allergic to nickel and my e-ring (and already-bought w-band) is 18kt white gold.

Either way, it''s time to start searching for a plat or palladium setting and I''ve been perusing through several PS vendors and am at a complete loss and need help!

Firstly, this e-ring (and w-band) were bought locally (I''m in GA) and we still haven''t gone to the jeweler (not a maul/chain jeweler, thankfully) to see what all they''ll do in this case (I''ve had the e-ring for approx 8 months already and this nickel issue just recently came to light--in a BIG, GROSS way!).
If the original jeweler would take back the entire ring (minus my center stone), would any PS vendors work with a stone bought elsewhere and place it in one of their settings? Mind you, I realize we''ll lose money if we don''t go through them again, it''s just a question I decided to pose on here to get some expert advice before even taking the issue up with the original jeweler.

I have fallen head-over-heels in love with a setting I found at Pearlman''s: the Ritani Signature Setting (solitaire with pave and diamonds set in between the basket (if that make sense?!)...and I''m hoping to get that one or one similar to it. Our original jeweler isn''t a Ritani dealer, however, so we aren''t sure how that would work; whether they can still order from Ritani (or any other designer, if need be), upon request or what...another point we need to discuss with them.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

HAPPY EASTER!!!
36.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Lucy,

Ritani would happily set your diamond in their setting and I am sure Pearlman''s would be happy to help facilitate that.

DesiLu

Rough_Rock
Ahhh, thanks so much, Neat!!! I''ve been drooling over settings for about a week now and I was afraid of asking (here), for fear that it wouldn''t be possible for, say, Pearlman''s, DBL, Whiteflash, etc, to set a diamond bought elsewhere.

So, with much relief, I thank you for the super-quick reply!!
35.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2009 4:36:49 PM
Author: DesiLu
Ahhh, thanks so much, Neat!!! I''ve been drooling over settings for about a week now and I was afraid of asking (here), for fear that it wouldn''t be possible for, say, Pearlman''s, DBL, Whiteflash, etc, to set a diamond bought elsewhere.

So, with much relief, I thank you for the super-quick reply!!
35.gif

No worries! Most of them will at their own discretion. So as long as your diamond is structurally sound you should be fine.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Most of the vendors here would likely be happy to work with you.

However, you may want to ask your original vendor if they will trade with you. They are highly unlikely to take it back unless you are trading it in as you have worn it for some time now and they can not sell it as new.

Wink

DesiLu

Rough_Rock
Ahhh-HA!....That was another question of mine, but I forgot to ask...copy that: they''ll prefer to trade--that works for me too, considering they have something that I (or my FI, rather) like. I''ve contracted Lackofringitis and I don''t know how long I could wait for a non-stock setting!!!! :razz:

Thank you so much for your input, Wink!! I appreciate it a ton!

Oh, another question: If the jeweler isn''t a usual dealer of certain designers, would it be possible for them to order a setting from a designer (or an online vendor, for instance, who deals with said designer(s)) they''re not affiliated with, in order to do the trade? Or would it be more doable to trade in on their stock items? Reason I ask this is that they mostly deal in white gold and yellow gold. Myself and my FI were tearing out our hair trying to remember if there were any platinum setting there when we were selecting my current e-ring...we can''t remember!

What I *do* remember is that most of their settings were very "80''s"! I''m leaning towards a nice yellow gold solitaire setting, as well (the Vatche Royal Crown, two-tone comes to mind there!), so maybe that''s more inclined to happen than platinum there...but I guess I''ll find out when we get out there, this week.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Desi-If they are not dealers of a designer it will be hard for them to get that designer''s stuff and unfortunately they are unlikely to do that for a trade IMO. But they should be able to get you something platinum! That isn''t hard.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results