shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! Have I made a big mistake?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

4ever

Ideal_Rock
As I said in a previous post, I found my dream ring in the store and on impusle I guess my bf and I decided to have it re-shanked in rose gold as the jewler offered to do this for us for free. We figgured it would help bring out the pinky peach colour in the center stone.

I spent 2 weeks waiting for it to come back and stressing if we had made the right choice. like really really stressing.

On friday we went to pick it up. The Jewler handed me the box and As I opened it, my gut instinct was dissapointment. I don''t know why, I guess it just wasn''t the ring I fell in love with two weeks ago. I spent the rest of the day feeling upset that I didn''t love it the way I did when I saw it in white gold.

Now It is the only thing I can think and stress over. It looks beautiful in rose gold, more antiquie looking, it brings the center stone out in more goldy colours. The gold suits my skin and my bf likes it better like this. I just can''t stop missing the more peachy pink look the stone had in white gold, although it may just be the different lighting. In white gold everything was white except the center stone, which I really liked, now I can''t decide if the rose gold, being a stronger colour then the diamond steals it''s thunder alittle.....

I need to decide for monday if we need to take it back to be made back into white gold (I''d be so embaressed if we have to) which may cost us alot of money.

Has anyone else felt like this about their ring? I''m so indesisive, how do I make up my mind?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you''ll know it when you see what you really love. I am always indecisive when I have doubts about something. Just read my tagline! Can you post a picture of the ring? I love rose gold, but I do think I might rather have white for a ring worn all the time.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
OMG YES!!!!!

After my DH proposed in the BAND I WANTED... I went around and got something COMPLETELY different. I felt rushed... I WASN''T... I just felt that I was. (Self pressure is a b!tch.)

I am sticking w/ the setting I chose... at least for a couple years. We plan on upgrading in a year, and again at 5 and at 10. I think we''ve realized that I was never going to be happy with the same ring forever. Each time we''ll upgrade into something similar yet different... I think this is the way my DH is appeasing me. I want a baby... like BAD. But it isn''t the best time for us to have one... so he''s keeping me distracted w/ pretties. At the 5 we''ll change the setting and the diamond... at 10 I''ll get a seperate ring... completely different... that''s my PEAR!
9.gif
So it is NORMAL. I''d just wear it a bit... you''ll find it does grow on you. I just think here on PS you get oversaturated w/ the pretties, and it can warp perception a little.

If it doesn''t grow on you... in a couple months, go ahead and pay the extra money and have it turned to WG.

Best wishes... and CONGRATS!!!! (you should post pics... it sounds beautiful!)
35.gif

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry about the disappointing feelings
7.gif
Maybe take another look at it in different lighting and it''ll grow on you?

I''d love to see pics, too. It definitely sounds beautiful!

4ever

Ideal_Rock
I have spent all weekend liberating it from it''s hiding space, trying it on and trying really hard to love it but I just can''t. I don''t think it will ''grow on me'', it''s a lovely ring, it looks nice in rose gold but i do HATE it like that, It''s just not ''me''. When I saw it in white gold I was head over heals in love, I don''t think I can settle for just thinking it''s nice and different and pretty.

After being moody all weekend over it, bf put his foot down and said that if I''m not happy he''s taking it back to be made into white gold again no matter the cost.

I feel relived and abit excited to have it back how I want it, but also like such a flake. I think my gut instinct was telling me not to go rose gold but it was over ridden by logic, bf and the sales assistant.

I have my fingers crossed that we''re lucky and they offer to change it back at no charge, I will feel very guilty if its expensive, we already went abit overbudget to get the ring in the first place.

I wil try and convince bf to let me take a photo to remember it in is rose gold home and see if I can post it before we take it back today.

Thanks for your help ladies, it is appriciated

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sorry but maybe if it isn''t what you want then the WG would be best.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
I''m sorry to hear the dream ring isn''t this....try not to beat yourself up over it. You were taking a risk sight unseen. It could have been breathtaking, only it still isn''t feeling like "you". Be grateful you might be able to change it or start afresh in your search.

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Today we drove back to the jewler, and after a small panic attack on my behalf in the car, bf took the ring off me and went to ask for it to be reshanked in whitegold. I was too chicken to go with him because I felt like I was being such a fickle pain in the bum.

They will do it, shouldn''t take long as the old ring shank hasn''t been melted down yet. They are going to charge us just the cost of changing it back, which isn''t heaps but I feel bumbed and guilty about pushing this ring even further over budget unnessesarily.

I honestly feel so relived now that I get my dream ring back, it honestly is breath taking in WG and I''m never messing with it again!

Before we wisked it back to the jewler bf took afew snaps to remember the rose gold version by, they do not do it justice as it was very overcast and dreary but here you go

eringrosegold.jpg

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty! I love the color of the center stone
18.gif

I can see your point about wanting it in WG...the center stone will stand out much better. Please post pics when you have it reset!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Don''t feel bad. That is your ring that you have to wear everywhere. YOU should get what you love. It is a very beautiful ring in RG, but I see what you mean, it looks like it will dazzle in WG!
Good luck!

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
The white metal will make the delicate color show up more than the rose metal will. This is going to be your engagement ring...if you don''t love it, you will be on a constant upgrading search. Better to remedy it now.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
I''m a pretty indecisive person myself. I say, if you don''t "love" it like you did before....it sounds like you will have to get it redone. That''s too bad though...but if you don''t redo it, then you will always wish you had..

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
I love the center stone! What a pretty color. Don''t worry about changing it, you need to love it. Did you have the whole setting changed? When I went to Alaska and was looking at rings I couldn''t decide between white gold and yellow gold and the salesperson just went and had it dipped in yellow/white, just for me to look at (no charge). Was that not an option or did they need to change everything?

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/17/2009 11:07:07 AM
Author: Definitely, Maybe
I love the center stone! What a pretty color. Don''t worry about changing it, you need to love it. Did you have the whole setting changed? When I went to Alaska and was looking at rings I couldn''t decide between white gold and yellow gold and the salesperson just went and had it dipped in yellow/white, just for me to look at (no charge). Was that not an option or did they need to change everything?
The colour is so hard to photograph as it changes so much depending on the light. It can be very yellowish, peachy or very pink, I love it! It really was an amazing find for us and the price was near perfect (the original retail price was more then 3 times our budget!).

We did not have the whole setting changed (thank God), as the jewler said he could not rose gold plate it to show us (I can''t remember the reason) they offered to ''reshank'' for no charge. What they did is seperate the setting, the part actually holding the daimonds, from the band part, remake the entire band part in RG and re-attach it. Shonds easy but aparently is alot of work as it took him 2 weeks to get right.

Thank you for your supportive words ladies, they have definatly helped me feel much better about my desision and I am eagerly looking forward to its return
9.gif

Now..........will bf let me liberate it from it''s hiding spot when it''s back to take more photos.......

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m sure you made the right decision. We women beat ourselves up a lot over this ring business... but remember that in the end, your husband-to-be just wants you to be happy. It''s easy to make a mistake, especially when you can''t see what it will look like before making a decision to change something as huge as the metal color. You couldn''t have known that it would make you love it less.

I''m sure that your boyfriend and the jeweler both completely understand.

4ever

Ideal_Rock
9.gif

It''s back and it''s beautiful! *swoon*

tlh

Ideal_Rock
YAY! I am glad you are happy!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results