shape
carat
color
clarity

HELP! have an appointment today in NYC

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rose212

Rough_Rock
on friday i went to see loose stones. i went to shenoa and co and asked to see loose radiants.

He pulled out 3 all GIA certified. there is one i am interested in but i dont think it is worth the amount we are getting it for.

here are some simple specs that i remember

CT 2.25
Clarity vs1
cut: Ideal (sparkles across the room)
color K (yes i know, but i swear when he put it next to a gia certified "I color" I thought the i showed more color than the k)
33.gif

in a nut shell he wants $9700 for the K color radiant which i think is absurd.

How can i get him to lower the price?

what i should i mention?

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
2.24 I VS2 68% 67% GIA tn-tk no gd gd ft 7.80*7.13*4.85 $6001 $13443*S James Allen

rose212

Rough_Rock
i should mention that our budget is 10K and the mm measurements are exactly what i am looking for and i am not willing to sacrifice that.

mm measurements are about

8.70*6.67.4.52 (these may be off but the the approximate size is my main concern)

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/21/2006 10:04:34 AM
Author: rose212
i should mention that our budget is 10K and the mm measurements are exactly what i am looking for and i am not willing to sacrifice that.

mm measurements are about

8.70*6.67.4.52 (these may be off but the the approximate size is my main concern)
you havent told us enough information to get any idea of the cut............what is the depth, what is the table? if james allen is offering a similar size with a better color and it costs alot more i am wondering what is going on? what certificate would yours come with --EGL or GIA--if its EGL your stone might actually be an L..........

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
Well, just my opinion, but I wouldn''t get a K colored radiant. In fact, I wouldn''t go lower than a G. Most radiants tend to show more color than rounds, so a K could be pretty tinted. Furthermore, some people on here have had trouble with Shenoa, so I most likely wouldn''t buy from them. As far as the price goes, I don''t see how it would be possible to purchase a well-cut stone that''s over 2 carats for less than $10,000.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results