carat
color
clarity

Help - Hard to reach Elana / FF

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ummm, what is up with this? lol

Any time I call the "order by phone" number on the FF website, it rings and rings forever, with no answer and no voicemail either.

When I email, I sometimes get replies, while sometimes I do not. The few times I''ve mentioned having trouble getting in touch, she expresses what seems to be an understandable reason on her end. (Her responses have always been very personable, btw.)

Is this normal? All the feedback on PS has seemed positive, but now I''m second-guessing myself for dealing with a business that seems to have availability issues (?)

Please reassure me and/or give any clues to what the scoop is! lol

Thanks in advance,

Anne

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/9/2010 2:23:28 PM
Author:anne_h
Ummm, what is up with this? lol

Any time I call the ''order by phone'' number on the FF website, it rings and rings forever, with no answer and no voicemail either.

When I email, I sometimes get replies, while sometimes I do not. The few times I''ve mentioned having trouble getting in touch, she expresses what seems to be an understandable reason on her end. (Her responses have always been very personable, btw.)

Is this normal? All the feedback on PS has seemed positive, but now I''m second-guessing myself for dealing with a business that seems to have availability issues (?)

Please reassure me and/or give any clues to what the scoop is! lol

Thanks in advance,

Anne
I''ve had problems too. She''s told me that her husband sometimes connects her phone line to his fax machine. That could be a reason.

As I''ve never returned anything it didn''t pose a problem. I can see why you may be hesitant though. But as I''ve ordered from her 3 times now and received gorgeous pearls, I have no issues if I can''t get through.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have never called her but have always contacted her through emails and she has always been pretty quick at her replies. Don''t give up! She really is great to work with as I am just thrilled with my purchases from her! She also has a Pricescope discount....which makes it even more worth not giving up!!

ededdeddy

Rough_Rock
I''ve had a similar experience. I''ve emailed multiple times with no response as well as called. I got a hold of her once and she told me that she was having issues with her phone, she said calls from her neighbor were being routed to her line. She was VERY nice and helpful and I was (and still am eager) to do business with her, but I haven''t been able to follow up with her through email and there is no voicemail on her phone. Her blog is updated regularly, so I don''t know what is going on. Hopefully it will be resolved soon.

LGK

Ideal_Rock
I''m not sure what''s up with FF/Elana right now... I hope all is well! I had always had really prompt email responses from her in the past, but when I had a question recently, no response. I did just buy the strand I was asking about and it was mailed really quick, same as always, so I wonder if she''s having some sort of technical problem? (I''ve definitely had problems with business email before, that''s for sure!)

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone.

Just wanted to update that I did finally get in touch with Elana (a number of no-answer frustrated phone calls later, lol).

I''ve ordered a strand from her site and she is currently stringing it. I am very excited.

I agree with the PPs who''ve said she''s great to work with. She is! :) I will reserve final assessment of the actual goods until I receive them. But she''s been super friendly and helpful so far.

BTW, I told her about how some of us here have had troubles reaching her. She expressed a number of reasons why this happened, but ultimately we agreed that running a business really requires voicemail! lol Hopefully she will set that up soon.

I gather that FF is a part-time thing for her; she said by day she does benchwork for several jewelry stores. Cool! So she is often in and out during the day. She also said she is a GIA pearl graduate.

Hope this is helpful!

Anne

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am glad you reached her. I bet you will love what you receive, and, as always, we wants pics!!

just_looking!

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, How much is the pricescope discount? I know she had a few discount codes, but I can''t spot them at the moment! Any links?
41.gif

Have my eye on some SS studs or one of her lovely multicoloured tanhitian necklaces.....
3.gif

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi just_looking,

When you email or call her, just tell her you found her on pricescope''s Pearl forum. She will probably offer you a discount on your item(s) of interest right away. (I myself was never given a code.)

Anne

just_looking!

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the quick response!

I may try emailing instead. Ccalling is complicated as I''m in the middle east and +3GMT.

ededdeddy

Rough_Rock
Any luck getting a hold of her Just looking? I have called and emailed and still no response, it''s a shame because she has such great feedback here and her merchandise is beautiful. I understand she is busy, but she doesn''t even have a voicemail. Her blog is updated regularly, so I don''t understand the lack of communication especially to someone who wants to do business with you. IMO a bad way of doing business and not professional at all.

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi ededdeddy,

Yes, she is extremely hard to get ahold of. The only way I found was to try calling the phone number on the website, numerous times, and at different points throughout the day. Sometimes I would send emails with subjects like "Trying to reach you!" etc. lol

If it helps, she is currently 1 hour behind EST. I think she takes her children to school in the mornings, and probably picks them up in the afternoon. She works outside the home some days too, and other days, she is working from home (I think this is when she takes FF calls).

If/when you reach her, be sure to tell her she needs voicemail (I did!) She really, really does. It''s strange to run a business without it. lol

Anne

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results