shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! GOG purchase sent with no lab certificate

asilsaur

Rough_Rock
According to the GOG FAQ section I should have received

With every Round or Square Hearts & Arrows diamond (Solasfera, Princess of Hearts, Jubilee, Eighternity) we include a Hearts & Arrows viewer and for all diamond purchase, we supply a 10x loupe. With every diamond and diamond engagement ring purchased from Good Old Gold, we supply a full printed appraisal that contains a detailed description of your purchase, all of the analysis featured on the diamonds web page in printed form, pictures of the diamond and or engagement ring, the original lab certificate and an appraisal value for insurance. You also receive your receipt and either this ring box(for ring purchase) or this display box (for loose diamonds). *Please note: Good Old Gold will supply a free appraisal that includes all the diamond and setting information on items purchased from us. For an additional fee of $75, items not purchased from Good Old Gold and are supplied to us by the customer can be added to the appraisal.

I only received an appraisal, the diamond, loupe and receipt. Should I be concerned that my 2 carat g si1 mrb was shipped from GOG with no GIA lab certificate? I am supposed to get my diamond appraised tomorrow but unfortunately did not receive my lab certificate and have no GIA number to compare the inscription number. Is this normal not to receive the certificate? :confused: :confused: :confused:

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No it is not normal if the stone is GIA graded. Contact GOG ASAP

totallyfree

Shiny_Rock
"Don't attribute to malice what can be explained by incompetence". (Might be a misquote)

In this instance I am sure this would be a mistake / shipping error, but call and ask - they are super friendly and should either send in on directly, or organise to get a new copy from GIA for you.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you link the stone you bought? Sometimes he sell stones stonea that are not accompanied by certificates

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
If its listed on the website with a report you should have got one with your package.
Contact them and they will get it too you.
Print the online copy of the report and take it with you to the appraisers and explain the situation and it should be fine.
It sounds like someone may have messed up.

Disclosure: I have a business relationship with GOG.
Just in case you don't know that I do its important to me and the forum that I tell you that.

asilsaur

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for your quick replies, I could not sleep all night ;( ;( ;( I facilitated this purchase for my mom and it was important to me that everything went smoothly as she was apprehensive about purchasing online. I called this morning about 5 minutes shy of opening but am waiting for them to call me back when the internet sales department team to come in at 10 am EST.

Niel|1480770189|4104520 said:
Can you link the stone you bought? Sometimes he sell stones stonea that are not accompanied by certificates

The stone was called in for me and was initially posted on the GOG website but was taken off as soon as I expressed interest in moving forward with the purchase. I linked the youtube video and GIA report provided to me below:

Youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oszSoyaHLU&t=152s

GIA certificate: 2ct_g_si1_gia.jpg

Karl_K|1480772669|4104522 said:
If its listed on the website with a report you should have got one with your package.
Contact them and they will get it too you.
Print the online copy of the report and take it with you to the appraisers and explain the situation and it should be fine.
It sounds like someone may have messed up.

Disclosure: I have a business relationship with GOG.
Just in case you don't know that I do its important to me and the forum that I tell you that.

Thanks for the great idea Karl, I will definitely ask them for the GIA number, look it up online and print it out for my appraisal meeting today.

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Very beautiful diamond!

asilsaur

Rough_Rock
I called GOG back and I believe there was a lapse in communication. I wasn't informed about this during the purchasing process but the GIA report was to be emailed to me if I decided to keep the diamond. :think: For now they're emailing me the PDF GIA report to give to my appraiser. They are waiting for me to give them the okay that I'll be keeping the diamond because they have to contact the diamond supplier for the hard copy. In the package shipped out, I was also missing a the full appraisal because they thought I only wanted the shorter version to submit to Jeweler's Mutual. :nono: I do have to say everything else has been going rather smoothly up until this point. Everyone I worked with has been really nice and helpful. This was probably just a flub.

My boyfriend is currently working with them to source my asscher so hopefully all is going well on that front :D

asilsaur

Rough_Rock
gm89uk|1480779873|4104539 said:
Very beautiful diamond!
Thanks! :) I was so lucky to get a great deal on it since it's an si1 (completely eye clean) with med fluorescence. :love: :love: :love:

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it is unacceptable to not provide the hard copy. I would ask GOG to contact the diamond supplier for the hard copy and get a ETA, and ask the return period to be extended accordingly, just in case they fail to provide you with the hard copy. This is a fair and reasonable request since they failed to communicate and deliver all contents according to their own policy.

This is a platinum select. It is an in-house stone. I cannot understand why GOG did not ask for the hard copy initially when they bought this for their own inventory from the supplier. I don't see any reason.

This is a $20k ish purchase. As a buyer, you are questioning if this practice is normal. It is not. If you decide to sell this diamond privately for whatever reason, your potential buyer will have the same concern. I highly recommend you get the hard copy.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you speak to Jon?

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Just for clarification ...

This diamond was not an in stock diamond. We acquired it in a hunt for asilsaur and confirmed it to be a Platinum as we'll never give a two thumbs up on a diamond we don't personally vette. When we are calling in diamonds from manufacturers we get the original report when we report the diamond "sold" and it's definitely being taken. It takes 1 or 2 days for us to get the hard copy of the Report after reporting it sold. Any questions or concerns asilsaur don't hesitate to call us.

Kind regards,
Rhino

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your beautiful stone! :love:

GOG and Jon are great.
I've bought a few diamonds from them and they've always given top-notch service, not to mention 3 asschers that just blew me away!

Glad it's worked out, and I'm sure Jon will make sure future buyers of not-in-stock stones will be told the original report will arrive after the stone does, and explain the completely legitimate reason.

asilsaur

Rough_Rock
flyingpig|1480781006|4104546 said:
I think it is unacceptable to not provide the hard copy. I would ask GOG to contact the diamond supplier for the hard copy and get a ETA, and ask the return period to be extended accordingly, just in case they fail to provide you with the hard copy. This is a fair and reasonable request since they failed to communicate and deliver all contents according to their own policy.

This is a platinum select. It is an in-house stone. I cannot understand why GOG did not ask for the hard copy initially when they bought this for their own inventory from the supplier. I don't see any reason.

This is a $20k ish purchase. As a buyer, you are questioning if this practice is normal. It is not. If you decide to sell this diamond privately for whatever reason, your potential buyer will have the same concern. I highly recommend you get the hard copy.

Thanks flyingpig for your invaluable advice and concern, we're going to go ahead and keep this gorgeous rock. I think it was a miscommunication that got quickly rectified as soon as I broached my concern. The missing items are getting shipped out later next week. :dance: :dance: :dance:

whitewave|1480783159|4104552 said:
Did you speak to Jon?

I didn't want to escalate it to Jon so I just spoke to the internet sales department and they fixed it immediately. :)

Rhino|1480787814|4104561 said:
Just for clarification ...

This diamond was not an in stock diamond. We acquired it in a hunt for asilsaur and confirmed it to be a Platinum as we'll never give a two thumbs up on a diamond we don't personally vette. When we are calling in diamonds from manufacturers we get the original report when we report the diamond "sold" and it's definitely being taken. It takes 1 or 2 days for us to get the hard copy of the Report after reporting it sold. Any questions or concerns asilsaur don't hesitate to call us.

Kind regards,
Rhino

Your staff is absolutely wonderful Jon, they fixed the miscommunication immediately and sent me a long explanation as to what happened. You are 100% correct, it was a called in stone (the first one called in was the perfect one by the way), and I understand the original report not being part of the package since the stone was not yet marked as sold. I look forward to working with you on future projects/ upgrades/ purchases. :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

kenny|1480799196|4104589 said:
Congratulations on your beautiful stone! :love:

GOG and Jon are great.
I've bought a few diamonds from them and they've always given top-notch service, not to mention 3 asschers that just blew me away!

Glad it's worked out, and I'm sure Jon will make sure future buyers of not-in-stock stones will be told the original report will arrive after the stone does, and explain the completely legitimate reason.

Kenny, I have long admired your gorgeous asschers! I am excited to get my own. :love: :love: :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results