shape
carat
color
clarity

Help!! G VS1 1.75

Ralph

Rough_Rock
Hello,
I'm a complete amateur and the only thing I've learned is what I read on this and other sites.

I have a diamond that scored a 1.0 on the HCA tool. It's a G VS1 1.75. GIA certified it 3X. My dimension are as follows:
Measurements: 7.76 - 7.80 x 4.69 mm
Depth: 60.3
Table: 59
Crown: 34
Pavilion: 40.6
Cutlet: 0/None

The Griddle is Medium - Slightly thick (faceted 4%) & Fluorescence: None

I paid about 17K, was this a good deal?
Also, will this ring produce Hearts and Arrows?

Best,
Ralph

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome, Ralph!

For future reference, questions about diamonds or settings goes in the Rocky Talky part of the forum. This one is to show off finished pictures of rings and other jewelry.

The numbers on your stone are pretty good! Almost all generic modern round brilliant stones are cut with a hearts and arrows pattern. Can you see the arrows when you look at the stone with magnification? But what we call "hearts and arrows diamonds" here refers to superideal cut stones with perfect hearts and arrows patterning. Only a very small percent of stones would get that designation and they are rarely found other than through jewelers/vendors that specialize in them. We'd have to see hearts and arrows images of your stone with a special scope before we could comment on the cut precision. But you did well getting a stone that is within the parameters of the better cut stones in the excellent cut range. I think the price sounds like it is in the acceptable range for those specs.

Come back and show us pictures of your ring and good luck with your proposal!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results