shape
carat
color
clarity

Help from BabyBlue033 please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Chrometsav

Rough_Rock
BabyBlue,

Could you please tell me if you have posted anymore photos of your 1st ring garnet setting? I saw it in the vendor pictures thread which is now getting very long!

I would like a setting something similar and wondered if it was custom done or from LOGR or similar?

Any help you can give would be appreciated.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I did a search with her name and garnet and found it under topics she had posted: Link

The later pendant was a custom setting from Whiteflash I believe.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Chrometsav, I''m a big fan of Babyblue''s unbalite garnet ring too, and in fact, it sent me scrambling to get my own garnet from that cutter. I seem to recall that the setting wasn''t custom or LOGR, but one she just happened to find locally (someone please correct me if I''m wrong!). Here''s a link to another garnet thread with a couple more photos - hers are about halfway down the first page.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2010 9:37:34 AM
Author: cellentani
Chrometsav, I''m a big fan of Babyblue''s unbalite garnet ring too, and in fact, it sent me scrambling to get my own garnet from that cutter. I seem to recall that the setting wasn''t custom or LOGR, but one she just happened to find locally (someone please correct me if I''m wrong!). Here''s a Link

I''m another huge fan of that umbalite. I purchased one from Gene shortly thereafter as well.

Chrometsav

Rough_Rock
Many thanks everyone for the help. I will have a similar although not identical setting done and try and ''upload'' it for you all to tear to shreds!!!!
3.gif

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! *Waves* Haven''t been posting in awhile but I''ve been lurking every once in awhile and drooling over everyone''s new additions
2.gif
I obviously haven''t added to my collection otherwise I would be back here sharing them with you guys
5.gif

Chrometsav, thank you for asking about my ring. Everyone''s right, I purchased that setting from one of the small stores in the diamond district. I just walked in with my loose stone and fell in love with the setting and lucky enough the stone actually fit. Granted, I probably paid a little more than I could''ve but it''s really nice quality with very bright melees and it holds its own even next to my custom WF pendant setting.

Best of luck finding your own!
36.gif
Do you already have the stone or are you looking for a stone as well?

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Hi Babyblue! How''s the cat?

Chrometsav

Rough_Rock
Babyblue,

I thought getting a similar stone would be fairly easy, however, I have contacted a couple of ''designer cutters'' and haven''t received a reply from either. I realize that there is some sort of issue with the cutter breaching rules, so would it be possible to just list the address to ensure I get the correct one. They may have a similar piece of rough?

Many thanks

Chrometsav

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2010 2:47:59 AM
Author: Chrometsav
Babyblue,

I thought getting a similar stone would be fairly easy, however, I have contacted a couple of ''designer cutters'' and haven''t received a reply from either. I realize that there is some sort of issue with the cutter breaching rules, so would it be possible to just list the address to ensure I get the correct one. They may have a similar piece of rough?

Many thanks

Chrometsav
Chrometsav, forgive my chiming in again on your question to Babyblue, but I do know that she (and later I, and several others) got her Umbalite garnets from Gene Flanigan of Precision Gem. The "issue wth the cutter breaching rules" is no longer relevant - he is now a welcome and active contributer to the forum. I do know that Gene was in Tucson recently, but he''s back now, so I''d try again. When I contacted Gene about cutting one for me, I just sent him a picture of Babyblue''s and asked if he had any rough that was similar. Hope that helps, and come back if you need more help.

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks Cellentani!
5.gif

Chrometsav, sorry to hear that you''re having trouble. Like Cellentani said, try contacting Gene again to see if he has a similar rough. Many of the cutters travel throughout the year so that might be why you haven''t received replies. I bought mine directly from his website, but I did go back for matching ones for a pendant and pair of earrings
2.gif

Innerkitten, thanks for asking about the kitties, I wish I could say they''re all fine! They''re actually being quite a handful these days, my little ones broke 3 canines between them in the past few weeks (they''re my wobblies, so I assume they fell and broke them. Ouch!), and 1 of them is having difficulty with the litterbox again after being perfect with it for many months
23.gif
With daily baths, endless cleaning, and gallons of enzyme cleaners, $$$ in vet bills, they''re so lucky I love them so much!
20.gif

And THAT pretty much sums up why I haven''t been around much, nor have I been buying much
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results