shape
carat
color
clarity

HELP: Found 2.0 F VS1 round diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

william_v

Rough_Rock
I went to the Jewelers today and found a:
GIA Certified
2.0 F color
VS1 Clarity
Table 59%
Deph 68% (Which is what i am not happy about, want a 58 to 62%)
Round Cut

He told me that he got a good price on the stone, and is willing to sell it for $18,000. He also told me that the stone should be at about 30ish. My question is I really only want to spend 15,000 but want a 2.0 and up carat. Is this a good deal as he states or should I have him find me another with a lower deph. He had some EGL''s stone''s at my price range and he told me that a F from them is really a G or H in GIA, that is why I would pay more for a GIA certificed but its a better buy.

Thanks for the help.

Moosejaw

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I cannot speak to that of the cut...but I my opinion is that the jewler is RARELY if ever, almost never, giving you a deal. You get what you pay for.

If you have the exact specs on the cut I would ask some opinions here, if the cut is a class 3 or 4 don''t buy it. If it is offer him 16,500 and be ready to walk.

Thats at least how I negotiate. :)

-G

jayreneepea

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/11/2007 8:47:16 PM
Author:william_v
I went to the Jewelers today and found a:
GIA Certified
2.0 F color
VS1 Clarity
Table 59%
Deph 68% (Which is what i am not happy about, want a 58 to 62%)
Round Cut

He told me that he got a good price on the stone, and is willing to sell it for $18,000. He also told me that the stone should be at about 30ish. My question is I really only want to spend 15,000 but want a 2.0 and up carat. Is this a good deal as he states or should I have him find me another with a lower deph. He had some EGL''s stone''s at my price range and he told me that a F from them is really a G or H in GIA, that is why I would pay more for a GIA certificed but its a better buy.

Thanks for the help.
68% depth?? No, it''s not a good deal. There''s no way that diamond is measuring what a 2ct should measure!

You don''t need an F or a VS1 either, change that to H or I and stay in the SI''s and you might come close to your $15,000 budget.

Read some turtorials and learn about the 4 c''s and take a look at some of the online PS vendors -- you''ll see some much better deals!

william_v

Rough_Rock
I was acually looking for a G SI1 with a GIA certification.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/11/2007 9:12:08 PM
Author: william_v
I was acually looking for a G SI1 with a GIA certification.
Here you go, just what you were looking for.
2.gif
You''d need to ask if it''s eyeclean.

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamond.asp?cid=53&item=988869

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I completely agree that this diamond would not be a wise purchase. The measurement that you need to look at is the diameter. An average 2 ct. stone should be close to 8.2mm. With that depth, I am betting the stone has a small diameter, making it appear like a smaller diamond. So it won''t look like a 2 ct., and that makes it a bad deal at almost any price.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Keep in mind, too, that''s it not just about loss of spread.

With that depth, the stone may as well be a sieve for leaking out light! (the 68 depth stone)

william_v

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all your help. I will keep on searching.

william_v

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the help. I really trying to stay in the 15''s with a g, h but it has to be a 2 plus carat.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI WV:

Welcome to PS. Maybe I ask whether you have read the tutorials on PS on what to look for in a diamond (toolbar/knowledge, and then subsequently the PS database (top of homepage on toolbar) to search using your specific parameters (color, size, etc)?

The other thing you can do is to contact a vendor (toolbar/resources) and send them your requirements and perhaps they can assist you as best they can.

Happy searching!

cheers--Sharon

Moosejaw

Shiny_Rock
Premium
It looks like alot of people have weighed in and saved you quite a bit of money. :)

I would stick with goodoldgold, whiteflash, or potentially niceice.com if they have what you''re looking for. Anytime I spoke with them on the phone they were fantastic, and although I didn''t buy from any of them, and if I could go back I would have purchased from them...they have been so reputable on pricescope I would certainly consider the recommended stones the people here offered up.

Good luck, and I can''t wait to see what you''ve chosen.

-G

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/11/2007 11:20:34 PM
Author: william_v
Thanks for all your help. I will keep on searching.
Thank goodness! That is about the worst depth I have ever heard of in a round
6.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results