shape
carat
color
clarity

Help for novice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tulip1

Rough_Rock
I have learned so much from browsing this forum, but am still a novice and about to purchase my first diamond for a ring. I would really like some opinions on the CUT of these two stones. Based on the numbers, which one "should" be the prettier stone and better performer. I saw both stones, but I haven''t seen very many diamonds so I don''t trust my eyes. I am not realy concerned about size or which one looks bigger. I was a little concerned about the .5 HCA score on the G stone (some say it will have a lack of contrast) but it seemed to have a lot of sparkle and fire - even more so than the F stone with the 1.4 score. I am a little concerned about the depth of the G stone and a little concerned about the table size on the F stone. Should I be? Any thoughts or opinions on these stones would be appreciated.

Round brilliant, F, VS2, 1.25 carat, GIA cert
HCA of 1.4
6.85 x 6.91 x 4.24
Depth 61.6
Table 59
Crown angle 35.0
Pavilion angle 40.6
Polish very good
Symmetry Very good
No culet
Girdle mediim

Round brilliant, G, VS2, 1.3 carat, GIA cert
HCA of .5
6.91x 6.97 x 4.31
Depth 62.1
Table 56
Crown angle 34.5
Pavilion angle 40.4
Polish very good
Symmety excellent
No culet
Girdle slightly thick faceted

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
trust yourself
2.gif

really.

kev_800

Shiny_Rock
They both look to be beautiful stones with slightly different characteristics. Some people prefer deeper stones and smaller tables as they believe it can help with more dispersion to create fire. Others prefer diamonds for their brilliance and light reflection... I doubt now that you''ve narrowed it down to those two diamonds you could make a mistake. Moreover, even experts have a hard time distinguishing between two excellent stones. Both will be beautiful! I also wouldn''t worry about the color on a G one bit -- it is still a very white diamond especially when you''re dealing with cuts as high as yours.

Trust yourself and take a look at both of them (if you can) and make your decision! You could also edit your post to add the price, since that may have an effect too.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I prefer a slightly smaller table than 59...but then I also prefer a slightly smaller depth than 62 since it will face up a tad small. They are both probably lovely stones, have you seen them? Do you have any images or IS images? This might help the decision making.

tulip1

Rough_Rock
I don''t have any images. I''m ok with it facing up small if that is the only issue with a 62 depth, but is that depth supposed to affect look of the stone (i.e., the brillance, etc.)? I saw both stones and to me they were both pretty but I don''t have much experience with this. I liked the whiteness and crispness of the F stone, but I also liked the sparkle of the G stone. What one had the other was lacking and vice versa. The F stone didn''t have the same sparkle (maybe because of the 59 table) but it was pretty in a different way.

Maybe it comes down to a preference for fire or brilliance? Do you know which one you see more of in normal lighting conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results