shape
carat
color
clarity

Help for a enthusiastic but new customer!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Hello,

My boyfriend and I are starting to look at diamonds for an engagement ring. We have 4 picked out so far that we are interested in. Can someone please offer their opinions as to which stone is the best? They are all round GIA and all in the $3000 range. Thanks.

SIZE COLOR CLARITY Depth,Table,Girdle,Culet,Polish,Symmetry,Fluorescence
0.79 GVVS2 60.3 64 M-SK F N VG VG N
0.78 E VS161.2 61 SK-K X VS G G N pot
0.77 G VVS1 62.4 59 m-sk f vs vg g n
0.76 F VVS1 55.2 65 N-M X N VG G N pot
1.gif

Arlington

Shiny_Rock
Speaking from experience as a newbie looking for help, I can tell you that you will not get much response unless you also post the crown and pavilion angles for these diamonds. They are not on GIA certificates (although they are on AGS certificates) so you will have to ask the jeweler or online dealer that you are considering buying from to obtain them for you.

It's really impossible to tell what the stone's potential light return will be without these measurements.

Once you have those, input the numbers in to the Holloway Cut Adviser. Just click Cut Adviser at the top of this screen.

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
OK, thanks for the tip. I'll do that tomorrow then!

Arlington

Shiny_Rock
And if you haven't already, definitely read the entire tutorial on this site:

https://www.pricescope.com/tutorial.asp

It will really help you.

My other recommendation would be to go to goodoldgold.com and read his full tutorial. It's got great pictures, illustrating the differences in clarity and color. The section on cut is particularly enlightening.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results