shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! Finger Muffin top

skylarr

Rough_Rock
Hi,
Does anyone else have this issue where their finger has a lot of meat so when you wear any kind of plain wedding band, the meat pops out from the top and bottom like a muffin top even though the ring fits?

Anyone have any suggestion on what type of wedding band would be good for this type of finger?
Originally i wanted just a plain band but I've tried so many and it really doesn't look good.

Thanks!

crystalinmke

Shiny_Rock
Premium
this is something thats bound to happen based on finger shape i think. i have tapered fingers with small knuckles so the only way for the ring to fit is to actually be fitted to the bottom of my finger, since there won't be a knuckle for it to catch on to prevent from falling off? i just kinda live with it and love my fingers lol.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I find that wearing a larger size/correct size and a band that is domed and greater in width (~3mm) helps with fit. Can also go too big and add sizing pads. BUT at the end of the day, I think it's only narrow and oppressive "beauty ideals" that make us think there is anything wrong with softer, rounder fingers. Chubby hands and fingers are beautiful and soft and romantic! Get a ring that fits and enjoy!!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yep... fellow finger muffin top sufferer right here.

Reactions: D&T

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
I don’t think there is much can be done. I am in the same situation and no knuckles. :wall::wall::wall:

Reactions: D&T

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
I stack bigger sized bands/rings and top it with a little twisty ring that is a little tighter to keep it all from falling off!!! I am not sure if it is weird, funny or just genius!! But I am going with GENIUS!:lol::lol:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have fat fleshy fingers and delicate thin rings do not suit me. It will be like tying up a joint of meat for roasting. :roll2:
I prefer wider bands at least 4mm at the top.
A thicker wider band may suit, like the ones with lace or flowers and leaves.

DK :))

headlight

Ideal_Rock
I have fat fleshy fingers and delicate thin rings do not suit me. It will be like tying up a joint of meat for roasting. :roll2:
I prefer wider bands at least 4mm at the top.
A thicker wider band may suit, like the ones with lace or flowers and leaves.

DK :))
Visually it makes sense that if you have a wider band there is less room for "stuff" to come out the sides.
I don't have fleshier fingers. I actually have a very skinny area where the ring sits on your finger, HOWEVER, I do have giant knuckles so once a ring is sitting in the thin area of my finger, the entire finger takes on the shape of my large knuckle. And the large knuckle situation has required me to have a ring that opens and closes (Cliq rings) so that's a whole other issue. I'm just envious of someone who can wear a regular ring!

Lula

Ideal_Rock
I have fleshy fingers and large knuckles, so I have experience with the dreaded "finger muffin top." Generous sizing and wider bands minimize the muffin top, and thicker (higher) bands help even more. For example, I can wear a 2-mm-wide band if it's at least 2 mm thick (high). I cannot wear a 2-mm-wide band if it's only 1.5 mm thick (high). It's hard to find heavy, thick bands. But they are so luxurious!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you should us pics? Also, can you show us pics of rings that are a little loose as well, to see if it is the sizing?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results