shape
carat
color
clarity

Help finding this hermes bag

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
One of my coworkers came in with a Hermes bag that I fell in love with. It is kinda large, dark brown crocodile on the bottom third, then a slightly lighter brown leather at the top. It has the two straps that come together like the birkin and has a locket. I have looked on the official website and cannot even find anything similar.

She said that she recieved it as a gift from her then boyfriends well off son and daughter-in-law. I have no idea what collection it is or anything.

Has anyone seen this? Can you direct me?

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Never in my life have I seen any Hermes bags with crocodile skin mixed with non-exotic, regular leather. Mixed color crocodile bags (bi- or tri colors), and regular leather and canvas/toile combo, yes. But never crocodile mixed with non-exotic leather. Are you sure that your friend''s bag is not a Hermes look-alike?

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
I am not sure. She did not come in bragging about it or anything. I saw it sitting there and it said Hermes on the front. I guess I just assumed that it was real because I have met these people and there is a lot of money in that family. I heard that the daughter-in-law has a 5ct diamond ering. I dont know if that is true though. I can't imagine that she would have been given a fake, but then again I am thinking that you know what you are talking about.

wow. i fell in love with a knock off.

Would it matter that she said she got it a few years ago?

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It might have been a special order. As FancyDiamond said, Hermes doesn''t mix croc with any with any non-exotic. If you go to The Purse Forum, they would definitely know. This is the link for them: http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/9/2009 9:58:11 PM
Author:radiantquest
One of my coworkers came in with a Hermes bag that I fell in love with. It is kinda large, dark brown crocodile on the bottom third, then a slightly lighter brown leather at the top. It has the two straps that come together like the birkin and has a locket. I have looked on the official website and cannot even find anything similar.

She said that she recieved it as a gift from her then boyfriends well off son and daughter-in-law. I have no idea what collection it is or anything.

Has anyone seen this? Can you direct me?
Hermes don't mix crocodile with other leathers....Are you sure this bag is authentic? It sounds like a Bolide to me from what you describe, I will see if I can find a pic to see if you recognize the bag. My instincts say not authentic though....

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is the Bolide, is this the style of bag?

hrmsbolide.jpg

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The experts at The Purse Forum will probably ask you to post a picture of the bag - then they''ll be able to authenticate it.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also, could the daughter in law post a picture of her 5 carat ring here?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/10/2009 9:40:54 AM
Author: Madam Bijoux
I second madam bijoux. would love to see it
30.gif

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
I will see what I can do. She is no longer with her boyfriend and it was a pretty bad break-up. I do think that she is still friendly with the son and daughter-in-law.

Not sure how to approach it though, "I was on my diamond forum and they said that your Hermes bag could be a fake and in my defense that I thought the bag was real I told them that A had a 5 ct ering" haha. I will think of something.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/10/2009 7:05:22 PM
Author: radiantquest
I will see what I can do. She is no longer with her boyfriend and it was a pretty bad break-up. I do think that she is still friendly with the son and daughter-in-law.

Not sure how to approach it though, ''I was on my diamond forum and they said that your Hermes bag could be a fake and in my defense that I thought the bag was real I told them that A had a 5 ct ering'' haha. I will think of something.

How about just asking her if she knows what style it is and if not could you look at the tag to try and figure it out? Just tell her you LOVE the purse and want to find one like it.

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Does the bag look like any one of these? Left side is Birkin. Right side is Kelly.

RG vs RV color.jpg

anyname

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/10/2009 10:42:29 PM
Author: FancyDiamond
Does the bag look like any one of these? Left side is Birkin. Right side is Kelly.

swooooon!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't think it is a Birkin or Kelly FD, rq said it looks like a Birkin with the handles but isn't, so must be a 2 handled bag.

Are the bags yours?
3.gif
I have vintage Kellys and love them to pieces!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with checking with the purse forum. You can look through pictures on the Hermes thread and might see something there. Good luck!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/10/2009 2:55:18 PM
Author: D&T

Date: 7/10/2009 9:40:54 AM
Author: Madam Bijoux
I second madam bijoux. would love to see it
30.gif
if the Hermes was a "fake".... hmmm that 5ct??
9.gif

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GIven Hermes'' prices, you''d be lucky if it''s a knock-off!

http://www.nypress.com/blog-4275-hermes-crocodile-hunter.html

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/11/2009 7:25:14 AM
Author: Lorelei
Don''t think it is a Birkin or Kelly FD, rq said it looks like a Birkin with the handles but isn''t, so must be a 2 handled bag.

Are the bags yours?
3.gif
No, these bags are not mine. I kept the photo, because I was trying to decide which shade of red to get, rough garange (left, Birkin) or rouge vif (right kelly).

purplediamond

Rough_Rock
this is my fav bag at the moment!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/11/2009 8:33:43 PM

Don''t think it is a Birkin or Kelly FD, rq said it looks like a Birkin with the handles but isn''t, so must be a 2 handled bag.

Are the bags yours?
3.gif
No, these bags are not mine. I kept the photo, because I was trying to decide which shade of red to get, rough garange (left, Birkin) or rouge vif (right kelly).
Oh ok, both colours are gorgeous, my fave red is Rouge H, so versatile! Are you getting a Kelly or a Birkin?

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/13/2009 5:16:15 AM

Are the bags yours?
3.gif
Oh ok, both colours are gorgeous, my fave red is Rouge H, so versatile! Are you getting a Kelly or a Birkin?
I am not a Kelly girl, because I find it hard to get in and out of and I do not like to wear straps. I perfer Birkins which are hand held, and they are more casual looking. However, I do have one Kelly. The only reason I got it is that it is porosus crocodile and it has the right color. As for the red Birkin, I bought the one in rouge vif color.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/13/2009 2:55:03 PM

Are the bags yours?
3.gif
I am not a Kelly girl, because I find it hard to get in and out of and I do not like to wear straps. I perfer Birkins which are hand held, and they are more casual looking. However, I do have one Kelly. The only reason I got it is that it is porosus crocodile and it has the right color. As for the red Birkin, I bought the one in rouge vif color.
POROSUS CROC?????? What colour????
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
trying to upload. hope it worked

hermesbag.jpg

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
So the picture is blurry. In real life you can read Hermes clearly on the stamp. What do you think?

ms.halo

Shiny_Rock
^^^ Wow. Absolutely fake, fake, fake!! And a bad fake! It's a not-so-great copy of a birkin, the bag FancyDiamond posted (on the left).

my fave red is Rouge H, so versatile! Are you getting a Kelly or a Birkin?

I just purchased and Evelyne in Rouge H and I LOVE the color!

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/14/2009 8:11:43 PM
Author: ms.halo
^^^ Wow. Absolutely fake, fake, fake!! And a bad fake! It''s a not-so-great copy of a birkin, the bag FancyDiamond posted (on the left).

33.gif
33.gif
33.gif
. Are you referring to the "croco" bag being fake or the red birkin being fake?

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/14/2009 7:04:04 PM
Author: radiantquest
trying to upload. hope it worked
Sorry, Does not look good. No need for a clear picture. I have seen enough. The stamp is off. The stitching is off. The crocodile skin is way off.

Here are two photos of the standard, top notch quality crocodile skin that Hermes uses. First photo is porosus. Note the scales and perfect symmetry.

Porosus crocodile.jpg

ms.halo

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/14/2009 8:29:10 PM
Date: 7/14/2009 8:11:43 PM

Author: ms.halo

^^^ Wow. Absolutely fake, fake, fake!! And a bad fake! It's a not-so-great copy of a birkin, the bag FancyDiamond posted (on the left).

33.gif
33.gif
33.gif
. Are you referring to the 'croco' bag being fake or the red birkin being fake?

Sorry, I was talking about the croc!! I was trying to show the OP the difference by comparing her friend's (fake) bag to your GORGEOUS (authentic) red birkin !!!
18.gif

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh! I see.
Thanks!

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Back to OP. The second photo is Hermes Nilo crocodile skin. Again, note the fine scales and perfect symmetry of the crocodile skin. Compare with that in your photo. See the difference. Just first glance, you can see high quality vs not so good ??? Loss of words.
38.gif

Nilo Hermes Crocodile.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results