shape
carat
color
clarity

Help finding THE ring!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

f18superhornet

Rough_Rock
I came across pricescope last week when i started really looking into buying an e-ring and cant believe how much i''ve learned since. Anyway, with so many helpful people out there i was hoping someone may be able to help me.

I came across a ring in Jared the other week and immediately fell in love with it. It is one of their Heart''s Desire rings with supposedly ideal cut diamonds throughout. The ring itself has 2 round diamonds on each side (perpendicular to the band - not in line) followed by 5 channel set princess cut diamonds on each side. So in essense it is a pseudo-3 stone channel set ring.

I am planning on putting a roughly 1 carat princess center stone in whichever ring i end up with. The issue is now that i''ve come across this site i am definitely planning on purchasing my e-ring online. However, i have not been able to find a ring that is similar to this. My second choice would be a more standard 3 stone with a round on each side and channel set princesses but i''ve had trouble finding one like this as well (I have seen many 3 stones with a princess on each side and channel set princesses but i kinda like the way the princess center stone looks with rounds on each side and princesses in the band.)

Anyway, was hoping maybe someone has seen something close to what i''m looking for. I''ve been scoping out as many sites as i can (BN, WF, JA, etc) but havent stumbled across a match yet.

Here is a kind of cruddy image of what i belive to be the Hearts Desire ring i saw at Jared (i found it on craigslist). You can see the 2 rounds on each side. The ring also had some metal in between the rounds and the channel set princesses that i think is attractive

Thanks for the help in advance!

3nb3kd3oaZZZZZZZZZ93t795f8d28d9c11030.jpg

f18superhornet

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the replies. The BN ones are nice but they dont have the channel set stones that i am looking for. The first one from Knox is actually pretty close, assuming i could substitue rounds in for the 2 main side diamonds. Any more suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

f18superhornet

Rough_Rock
I would like to add one more thing as well. After reading other posts i am considering the option of getting a ring custom made as well if i cannot find a suitable one online. Just wondered peoples thoughts on who might be the best to do this type of ring and whether or not it would be worth it price wise. Also, what are typical turn around times for custom work?

The Jared ring i mentioned originally is 7/8 TCW in 18K white gold and it retails for $2500 there. I was hoping to go platinum but the price jumps to an astounding $4800 (which i still dont understand considering gold vs platium pricing). My other option would be to purchase the ring through the store and have whatever online vendor i purchase the stone from put it in (assuming they would even do it).

Thoughts?
1.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
since you are wanting a princess cut stone I''d focus on getting the stone first. There are a few vendors who can help you find a stunning stone. Many of them will do custom but do keep in mind that custom isn''t always less money. A custom vendor will have to make the setting from scratch where a designer ring already has molds made or bench people who make the setting day in and day out and know exactly how to execute it. I honestly cannot think of any vendors who carry a setting like that so custom might be your only option if you don''t want to just buy the one from Jared''s.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I think any of the PS vendors should be able to do a custom ring similar to that one for you. Many people (myself included) have had good luck with Whiteflash for custom projects, and they can help you find a beautiful ideal cut princess stone as well. If you contact them I'm sure they'd be more than happy to give you a quote for the project.

f18superhornet

Rough_Rock
That one from Knox is another beautiful ring that is pretty close to what i described, thanks!

As for the stone, i liked the ideal cut stones Jared has (the Peerless) but not the price or the fact they only seem to come in H color VS2. So because of that i have kinda narrowed down my choice for a center stone to either a WF ACA princess (though when i search on their website they dont seem to have any) or an Infinity princess, somewhere right around 1 carat.

Does anyone know if WF or the dealers who sell Infinity's have issues putting their diamonds in a ring purchased from somewhere else?

My only hesitation about custom work is that my goal is to suprise my girlfriend with the e-ring and even though i am pretty sure she will love anything i pick for her, she will be the one wearing it for the rest of her life. That makes me want to at least leave the possibility open for us to exchange whatever i pick out assuming she felt strongly about something else.

Thanks again for the help
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results