shape
carat
color
clarity

Help finding similarly designed Ring!

Discussion in 'RockyTalky' started by IgnoranceIsBliss, Jan 9, 2019.

1. IgnoranceIsBliss
    Rough_Rock

by IgnoranceIsBliss » Jan 9, 2019
    I just left from Diamonds Direct looking at:

Designer: C Gonshors
    Item #: 6591RD
    Diamond Cut: Round
    Ct. Weight: .90/1.00
    Band: White Gold
    Clarity: SI1
    Color: G/H
    Depth: Very Good
    Table Size: Very Good

Band —-> http://mobile.cgonshor.com/index.php?page=collections&search=6591&pID=198

Looking for any suggestions on an equivalent somewhere online. As they have their band prices around $3,200 which seems a little higher than I would expect for this one. Interested in diamond pricing as well. I’ve been looking myself and apparently am not too good at this!

2. tyty333
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by tyty333 » Jan 9, 2019
    Question...is this set for you?

You might want to give us your budget so we know what range we're trying to stay in.

3. diamondseeker2006
    Super_Ideal_Rock

tyty333 and rockysalamander like this.
  4. rockysalamander
    Ideal_Rock

by rockysalamander » Jan 9, 2019
    Its a channel set setting and pretty easy to find. But, is this for you to wear personally?

SimoneDi likes this.
  5. IgnoranceIsBliss
    Rough_Rock

I’m planning to propose, it’s the one I happen to know she liked. Looking at around a 6k-8k budget.

rockysalamander likes this.
  6. IgnoranceIsBliss
    Rough_Rock

It’s not, planning to propose in 6 weeks or so

rockysalamander likes this.
  7. rockysalamander
    Ideal_Rock

by rockysalamander » Jan 9, 2019
    As long as you are 100% SURE this was the setting. Channel setting is not really "in fashion" right now. This setting is very similar looking, but much more in fashion. It has the same look of having outer walls, but the diamonds are divided by little metal beads. They are very durable and wearable, but have more sparkle.
    https://www.whiteflash.com/engageme...d-set-diamond-engagement-ring-1066.htm#size=6

Though, I tend to prefer this setting with a "pinch" at the top to make the diamond look bigger.
    https://www.whiteflash.com/engageme...eek-line-pave-diamond-engagement-ring-422.htm

Depending on the final setting price, something like this would be lovely.
    https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3872128.htm

Can you confirm she wants a channel setting and not a bead-set pave?

tyty333 likes this.
  8. IgnoranceIsBliss
    Rough_Rock

by IgnoranceIsBliss » Jan 10, 2019
    I was thinking the same thing...I’m actually not a fan it — but this happens to be the exact ring that my Sales guy at diamond direct had written down from one of her previous visits to see him that she liked :-/

9. sledge
    Ideal_Rock

by sledge » Jan 10, 2019
    Not saying the rep is lying but I'd feel more comfortable getting some unbiased information. Rather that be you two shopping together, or a sister or friend feeding you info.

Also, is the $3,200 quoted for the e-ring only or does it also include the wedding band? The stones look big and on the wedding band go all the way around the ring. Smaller stones and/or stopping 1/2 or 3/4 around could save some money.

10. SimoneDi
    Ideal_Rock

by SimoneDi » Jan 10, 2019
    If that is the setting that he wrote down, then it likely is. You can confirm once again before you commit to a purchase.

I, for one, like channel set settings and bands. They are substantial and comfortable and there is an almost zero chance that she will ever have to worry about the setting or about losing a stone.

ratatat likes this.
  11. marymm
    Ideal_Rock

by marymm » Jan 11, 2019
    ^ Agreed, and specifically I favor channel-set settings when the melee are high-quality/super-ideal and the setting itself is solid and well-crafted.

OP, well-done for ascertaining your GF's preference and following through even though it is not your fav... Brilliant start to your life together!

12. Wewechew
    Brilliant_Rock

by Wewechew » Jan 11, 2019
    I'm another person who favors channel set diamonds. No other setting is like it, so good for you to sticking to what she said she prefers.

MonkeysInk and SimoneDi like this.