shape
carat
color
clarity

Help Finding Rubellite

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tedegram

Rough_Rock
I am looking to replace a oval shaped rubellite stone in one of my old pieces of jewelry....the stone measures 12 x 8.333 or roughly 12 x 9. I''ve checked out many on-line sites and I have not been able to find anything that big in an oval shape. I am also open to rhodolite garnet, or another moderately priced red/burgundy stone.

In the past two weeks I even conatcted a few custom cutters but, no such luck.

Any suggestions?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I too am looking to replace an old stone in a heirloom setting. It isn''t easy to find a stone with the right colour in a specific dimension; be patient as it can take many months. Your best bet is to get a cutter to cut it or you could end up lucky and a vendor happens to carry "it". Have you tried the usual sites? Sometimes, the vendors do not list the stone, but is able to help you find it.
www.winkjones.com
www.diamondexpert.com
www.ajsgems.com
www.whitesgems.com
www.mineralminer.com
www.atggems.com

I doubt ACS has it and Multicolour has tons of choices but can be a bear to sift through.

Richard M.

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Tedegram,
Sometimes slightly larger or smaller stones can be substituted if the stone seat uses prongs and the design allows it. Maybe a calibrated 11 x 9 or 12 x 10 mm. stone would work for you. They are usually available in the materials you mention.

Richard M.

GemRite

Rough_Rock
I know that rubellite maybe a bit harder to find, but rhodolite garnets should be easy for any custom faceter to cut the stone that you need. Most faceters generally will have rhodolite garnets laying around. The rubellite has become increasingly harder to find in rough form. Check around I am sure someone will have the rough and the know how to get you a custom rhodolite garnet in the size you need.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results