shape
carat
color
clarity

Help Finding Round 1Ct. $7k

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

plippens

Rough_Rock
Do you all have any advice or opinions for a budget of around 7k for a round diamond.

Her requirements are at least 1 ct, and it must sparkle (draw attention from across the room kind of stuff)
Next, it has to be excellent/ideal cut. I have looked at some H&A on GOG and WF.
Next, I don''t want anything above a G in color since it will be mounted in platinum.
Lastly, clarity will have to at least be eye clean.

Thanks,
Paul

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
You can broaden your color choices. Mine I color diamond is set in platinum prongs and no one can see anything but white flashes of sparkle! Also you could get G/SI1 ideal/H&A. More than anything your budget is do-able. Call the vendor(s) and see what they can find for you in their database. Good luck!

plippens

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for your input so far.

Alexah,

What do you think of the following stones from GOG. Here are the links:

1.01 G VS2 H&A $6,873 http://www.goodoldgold.com/1_01ct_g_vs2_h%26a2.htm

1.11 H VS1 H&A $7,011 http://www.goodoldgold.com/1_11ct_h_vs1_h%26a.htm

1.03 H VS1 H&A $6,465 http://www.goodoldgold.com/1_03_h_vs1_H%26A76.htm

I don''t know why but I always find myself leaning to GOG cause of all the positive things I''ve heard on this website. Also, compared to WF, GOG has the BrillianceScope results which help me see how the diamond sparkles for lack of better terminology.

Your thoughts on these three stones please.
Thanks again.

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
All those GOG stones look fabulous, plippens! It's tough to go wrong w GOG
2.gif

But, cuz I'm a shopper at heart, I'll tell ya I also saw this SC 1.11 H SI1 - it's got all those handy-dandy reports, is "eye-clean" & is *only* $6K
31.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock

So if you set a diamond in a platinum setting (rather than white or yellow gold) the color can be lower? Can someone explain that to me?

Thanks!

Aurora Borealis

Shiny_Rock
I think they were referring to the fact that if your diamond has a great cut, you''d still be safe with a lower color even in platinum, not that you can go lower with platinum as opposed to gold. In fact, most people here would say that you could go lower in color with gold. But most ideal cut H, I, or even J diamonds will still face up very white, so you could sacrifice the color in order to get that ideal cut or higher clarity.

plippens

Rough_Rock
I understand that the diamond will face up whiter, and even one with MB Flourescence might be even whiter yet. However, what about looking at the diamond from the side. Imagine a setting like the Vatche x prong where you do see alot of the side of the diamond. In a Bezel mounting the sides become irrelevant and the diamond will appear white from all angles.

Can some post some pics of some H or higher colors with some views from the side in a platinum setting just to get an idea?

Thanks,
Paul

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results