shape
carat
color
clarity

Help Finding Padparadscha (Or Spinel) for E-Ring

austinj

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Marlow and chrono. That is a weird effect I had not seen before! That would bug the crap out of me if I owned it!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
austinj: I'm afraid to say that the more you are aware of it, the more you see it in stones, as it is extremely common in stones of elongated cuts. I have found that the majority of stones cut like this do demonstrate this phenomenon - even, unfortunately, some precision cut stones. :(sad

There have been multiple threads on this topic with words like "extinction" "shadowing" and "half and half" in the thread title.

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
ejacobson|1432270671|3879951 said:
Loverskites, I just realized I hadn't answered your question.

Initially I felt like the video and picture were fairly different (color-wise) from the stone. However, after having it in so many different light situations, I realize that the stone is just a shifty one, and the light conditions I was viewing it under were different from the vendor's.

And remember that my photography couldn't really capture what the stone looks like IRL. Even one of the best shots I took (wherein the stone looked very pretty to me, but a very different color from what was in front of me) weren't super accurate.

Thanks for that.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results