shape
carat
color
clarity

Help finding my dream sapphire

sapphiredreamring

Rough_Rock
Hey everyone,

So, I've been quietly observing for a while now, but I've decided it's finally time to find that perfect sapphire for myself! I'm looking for a stone for a right-hand ring, and I'm really hoping for a shade that's medium to light pink with a hint of purple, or maybe a light purple with a touch of pink.

My budget is around 8k and I'm thinking something closer to 2 carats. Definitely want it to be natural and untreated, and of course, super clean to the naked eye.

I've scoured through the usual suspects like Africagems, natural sapphire company, gemsny, but no luck so far.

Would really appreciate some help in finding this dream stone of mine!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Take a gander at these to start, this way you can narrow down your color because as of now it's still a pretty broad range(you wouldn't think so, but it is.) also decide if you want a precision/concave/native cut and then shape. https://www.johndyergems.com/gemstones/sapphire-7981.html
If you find nothing you fancy, then we can move to Instagram, there are many vendors and a little more risk to this avenue.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock

Avondale

Brilliant_Rock
Adding another Etsy vendor I've seen recommended here: https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/CDGEMSTONE

My suggestion for you is to arm yourself with a couple of inspiration photos of what your ideal stone would look like. If you don't see anything that works for you in a vendor's posted inventory, reach out directly, send the pictures and ask if they have anything similar. Not all available inventory always makes it to the website/etsy page, and it doesn't hurt to ask.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If custom cutting is on the card for consideration, then I would suggest contacting Jeff White to see if he has any suitable roughs in his vast inventory of Sapphires!

DK :))

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you have any picture examples of the color range you have in mind? If it’s pretty narrow color want, can you share?
How ok are you with the stone being shifty in different lightings?

Here’s one well below your budget that may fit your bill (getting an independent lab report - ymmv) small window and just under your carat wish.
You_Doodle_2023-10-17T11_39_48Z.jpeg

Returns are in vendor policy, but might be nail biting with the shipping.

Speaking of returns, (and I think utilizing a vendors return policy - even with restocking fees - is a great thing to really find what your heart and eye wants) one vendor suggested above, cdgemstone, is a good one to consider but there’s been at least two people here that have had recent return issues /vendor balking even though within the written return policy terms. I’m not quite sure if resolutions were discussed/cleared up on here or not.

Pearlmans Fine Jewelers is another vendor that’s got some great eyecandy to scroll thru their pink and purple sapphires. Some of their listings are found elsewhere, as well.
A few members here swear by JTV for loose gems.

Happy hunting!

Last edited:

Avondale

Brilliant_Rock
there’s been at least two people here that have had recent return issues /vendor balking even though within the written return policy terms.

Ooh, didn't know that. Thanks for mentioning it, it's very important to know and keep in mind.

sapphiredreamring

Rough_Rock
Do you have any picture examples of the color range you have in mind? If it’s pretty narrow color want, can you share?
How ok are you with the stone being shifty in different lightings?

Here’s one well below your budget that may fit your bill (getting an independent lab report - ymmv) small window and just under your carat wish.
You_Doodle_2023-10-17T11_39_48Z.jpeg

Returns are in vendor policy, but might be nail biting with the shipping.

Speaking of returns, (and I think utilizing a vendors return policy - even with restocking fees - is a great thing to really find what your heart and eye wants) one vendor suggested above, cdgemstone, is a good one to consider but there’s been at least two people here that have had recent return issues /vendor balking even though within the written return policy terms. I’m not quite sure if resolutions were discussed/cleared up on here or not.

Pearlmans Fine Jewelers is another vendor that’s got some great eyecandy to scroll thru their pink and purple sapphires. Some of their listings are found elsewhere, as well.
A few members here swear by JTV for loose gems.

Happy hunting!

The color on the sapphire you shared is actually perfect! Now I'm leaning towards something a bit bigger, maybe in the 3-4 carat range. I'm on the hunt for that pinkish-lilac shade... which can go either lighter or darker.

Thanks for the vendor suggestions. I tried reaching out to Africagems and The Pearlmans for videos in natural light, but my emails got ignored. I gave them a nudge again, but still no response

sapphiredreamring

Rough_Rock
I'm kind of drawn to this bi-color stone I discovered on Leibish... though there's a sizable inclusion that I'm unsure can be removed or not

sapphiredreamring

Rough_Rock
If custom cutting is on the card for consideration, then I would suggest contacting Jeff White to see if he has any suitable roughs in his vast inventory of Sapphires!

DK :))
Thank you for the recommendation! I've had a not-so-great experience with a custom-cut stone before, so I think I'm going to search for a finished stone first... and I might consider a slight recut afterwards

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results