shape
carat
color
clarity

Help finding double halo engagement ring

shaq34004

Rough_Rock
Hi All!

I've been in an endless pursuit of the perfect engagement ring for my gf but am so new to the jewelry/diamond business that I feel like I've been spinning in circles. I want to make sure that I get the perfect ring for her, but also don't want to get ripped off (as I've been repeatedly warned about by friends and research). I am graciously hoping to bounce some thoughts and questions off of the group here and learn from your collective wisdom and experience. As background, my budget is flexible and I have ballpark figure in mind around $7k, but I am more focused on getting the most value out of my purchase.

My gf indicated that she loves the Tiffany Soleste Cushion-cut Double Halo Engagement Ring (link), and particularly the, as she calls, “many fine baby diamonds” around the center stone and on the band itself. She doesn’t want a ring with an excessively large rock (I was surprised as well) and the fine double halo of the Tiffany ring really appeals to her. The specific ring she saw at Tiffany had a .39ct center rock and with all the “baby diamonds” included, the total ct of the ring was 1.26. The price of the ring was $6K which is under my budget, but I’m concerned that the Tiffany ring is overpriced and I think I can find either a better ring (in terms of quality) for the same price or an equivalent ring for a lower price. I’ve been scouring the web for double halo cushion settings and have found some that sparked my interest. I wanted to get your thoughts and experiences on the various rings below and fill me in if there is a jeweler that I have omitted and should be considering.

1. Eternity by Yoni Platinum Soleste Double Halo Ring with Fishtail Pave (link) → This one looks very beautiful from the pictures and appears to have the finest baby/pave diamond arrangement of all the rings I have seen so far. I haven’t heard much about the jeweler, so would really appreciate your input on its reputation. I also wanted to ask what is entailed with the handset micro pave for an additional $250? Based on the description “we prefer to use 3/4 pointers for the double halo but we could change the size to accommodate any special request” am I reading correctly that the setting would work best with a 0.75ct center rock? Would this ring, with the correct rock, be comparable (or even better) to the Tiffany ring my gf likes?
  2. Adiamor Cushion Double Halo Split Shank Diamond Ring (link) → This one also looks very beautiful and I wanted to see how you think this one compares to ring from Eternity by Yoni.
  3. Blue Nile Cushion Duet Halo Diamond Engagement Ring (link) → This one I like more than the James Allen version but unfortunately it doesn’t come in platinum. Wanted to get your thoughts on this ring and how it compares to the others I am contemplating.
  4. James Allen Diamond Split Shank Double Halo Pave Engagement Ring (link) → At least from the images on the web, this one doesn’t look as nice with the large and noticeable prongs holding the center rock and more spacing between the center rock and “baby diamonds”.
I am so grateful for taking the time to help me with this exciting decision!

pandadreams11

Rough_Rock
Hi,

DO NOT and i repeat DO NOT buy a tiffany ring( unless your gf wants only the tiffany brand, idk some people are particular) You are paying for the brand name and not for the actual value of the gold and diamonds. I have a 1.1 ct cushion cut centre stone (F VS1) with a 0.78 ct double halo setting.This will fit in your budget for sure. Please reach out to Yekutiel at ID Jewelry. They did an awesome job of finding the specific diamond i wanted and the perfect setting for me. They will help you find a diamond you like and then settings which will work for you. Working with an individual jeweler is so much better than buying from a chain. You know exactly what you are paying for. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

IMG-1609.jpg

shaq34004

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your quick response and to your beautiful ring! I feel the same way towards Tiffany but have started to get so frustrated in my search that I've been debating just getting the one she mentioned to me. I will check ID Jewelry out.

twosanguinehearts

Brilliant_Rock
Hi All!

I've been in an endless pursuit of the perfect engagement ring for my gf but am so new to the jewelry/diamond business that I feel like I've been spinning in circles. I want to make sure that I get the perfect ring for her, but also don't want to get ripped off (as I've been repeatedly warned about by friends and research). I am graciously hoping to bounce some thoughts and questions off of the group here and learn from your collective wisdom and experience. As background, my budget is flexible and I have ballpark figure in mind around $7k, but I am more focused on getting the most value out of my purchase.

My gf indicated that she loves the Tiffany Soleste Cushion-cut Double Halo Engagement Ring (link), and particularly the, as she calls, “many fine baby diamonds” around the center stone and on the band itself. She doesn’t want a ring with an excessively large rock (I was surprised as well) and the fine double halo of the Tiffany ring really appeals to her. The specific ring she saw at Tiffany had a .39ct center rock and with all the “baby diamonds” included, the total ct of the ring was 1.26. The price of the ring was $6K which is under my budget, but I’m concerned that the Tiffany ring is overpriced and I think I can find either a better ring (in terms of quality) for the same price or an equivalent ring for a lower price. I’ve been scouring the web for double halo cushion settings and have found some that sparked my interest. I wanted to get your thoughts and experiences on the various rings below and fill me in if there is a jeweler that I have omitted and should be considering.

1. Eternity by Yoni Platinum Soleste Double Halo Ring with Fishtail Pave (link) → This one looks very beautiful from the pictures and appears to have the finest baby/pave diamond arrangement of all the rings I have seen so far. I haven’t heard much about the jeweler, so would really appreciate your input on its reputation. I also wanted to ask what is entailed with the handset micro pave for an additional $250? Based on the description “we prefer to use 3/4 pointers for the double halo but we could change the size to accommodate any special request” am I reading correctly that the setting would work best with a 0.75ct center rock? Would this ring, with the correct rock, be comparable (or even better) to the Tiffany ring my gf likes?
  2. Adiamor Cushion Double Halo Split Shank Diamond Ring (link) → This one also looks very beautiful and I wanted to see how you think this one compares to ring from Eternity by Yoni.
  3. Blue Nile Cushion Duet Halo Diamond Engagement Ring (link) → This one I like more than the James Allen version but unfortunately it doesn’t come in platinum. Wanted to get your thoughts on this ring and how it compares to the others I am contemplating.
  4. James Allen Diamond Split Shank Double Halo Pave Engagement Ring (link) → At least from the images on the web, this one doesn’t look as nice with the large and noticeable prongs holding the center rock and more spacing between the center rock and “baby diamonds”.
I am so grateful for taking the time to help me with this exciting decision!

Not sure if she’d be interested in an antique, but I loved this double halo that Jewels by Grace posted recently:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results