shape
carat
color
clarity

Help finding blush pink stone for anniversary ring

marieni84

Rough_Rock
I am trying to put together a 3 stone anniversary ring with a blush pink stone. I found a ring I like on Etsy that is a Stuller setting with a 5.5 x5.5 mm Asscher morganite. I am concerned the morganite would not hold up for daily wear. I was thinking maybe a pink sapphire or spinel. I really want to stay close to that blush color. I would love a pink diamond, but I only have a budget of $3500. Any suggestions? **image removed at owner's request**

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your anniversary! Glad you found a setting you like -- have you bought it yet? The more parameters put on what you want can make the hunt longer -- and here we have a specific color, size, shape, and price. It can be done if you can be a little flexible on some criteria. You're correct that morganite wouldn't stand up well to everyday wear. Both sapphire & spinel should be ok, and in that setting would be fairly protected too.

Here are some possibilities I found in a quick look. The first is 6.5 mm, but the others might fit, though not sure about the last one. None are exactly the pink you mentioned -- maybe they'll appeal to you anyhow.

http://www.gemfix.com/spinel.html

http://www.gemrite.com/collections/gems/products/pink-spinel-84-cts

http://www.litnon.com/index.php?page=view&cat=110

If you browse the sites on the sticky thread at the top of the forum -- Recommended Vendors -- you might see more. These are sellers people here have used and trust. Good luck!

spinel_277_a.jpg

pinkspinelprin084_1024x1024.jpg

42373.jpg

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
If you're interested in the GemRite stone, I would ask to see it on a white or gray background. Black backgrounds always make a stone look brighter (less gray/brown) than is on another background.

marieni84

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the suggestions. I have not bought the setting yet. I have a couple of other settings I am looking at too, both are Stuller. They have ovals, either 6x4mm or 7x5mm. I would prefer not to go a lot over 1.5 carats for the center stone. If I set the center stone with a sapphire or spinel, would diamonds for sapphires work best for the other stones? Still thinking a blush pink stone for the center.

_13517.jpg

_13518.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just to give you an idea of side stone sizes to shop for based on the center stone size.

A 1.5 carat step cut will measure just shy of 6.5 x 6.5 mm.
A 1.5 carat oval will measure approximately 8 x 6 mm.

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
So are you open to shapes other than cushion for the centre pink?

ETA: What about the Gemfix one above - he had a couple of others but oval or emerald. I can't remember now whether they were sapphires or spinel.

marieni84

Rough_Rock
Yes, I would certainly consider an oval or cushion. The Gemfix stone is a little darker pink than I am looking for, although I wouldn't rule it out yet. Didn't care for the second stone.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results