shape
carat
color
clarity

help finding a specific setting

brodaiga

Rough_Rock
Found a great 2.6ct RB loose stone thanks to this forum. Looking for a very specific setting-see pic. Looking for a yellow gold three stone band with diamonds inlayed channel or prong in the band. The prongs for the two side diamonds and center should be WG-so this is a multitone ring. I want to buy a setting with the two side diamonds not placed so I can choose them on my own online. I am having difficulty finding three stone yellow gold bands with diamonds that are not preplaced. The only thing I found is on ebay but would rather go with a more trusted merchant. Check out the pics and auction for what I am looking for. Thanks

http://www.ebay.com/itm/14k-Yellow-...t=Diamond_Solitaire_Rings&hash=item2c6830a204

12_3.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
brodaiga|1401292011|3681706 said:
Found a great 2.6ct RB loose stone thanks to this forum. Looking for a very specific setting-see pic. Looking for a yellow gold three stone band with diamonds inlayed channel or prong in the band. The prongs for the two side diamonds and center should be WG-so this is a multitone ring. I want to buy a setting with the two side diamonds not placed so I can choose them on my own online. I am having difficulty finding three stone yellow gold bands with diamonds that are not preplaced. The only thing I found is on ebay but would rather go with a more trusted merchant. Check out the pics and auction for what I am looking for. Thanks

http://www.ebay.com/itm/14k-Yellow-...t=Diamond_Solitaire_Rings&hash=item2c6830a204

12_3.jpg

Hi Brodagia and welcome!

I am sure some of the others might know where such a setting could be found, I can't think of one off the top of my head but if not, it might be possible for one of the vendors to make you one similar on request. How exciting to find such a big stone too, you will have a stunning ring!

brodaiga

Rough_Rock
thanks! Any vendors that you recommend that do good work for a fair price?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are catalogs full of stock settings (and ones they can assemble) that most jewelers have...Stuller is one and there are others. The setting you posted above is for side square diamonds, so if you want round sides, don't order one like that! If the stones are small they may come with the setting, but generally you probably should buy the side stones from the jeweler from whom you order the setting and will be setting your stone.

I suggest you go to a fine jewelry store in your town. Just tell them you have a diamond you need to set. I would not discuss how I got it because they sometimes get upset when people say they have bought online or from anywhere but them! Family stones is usually safe! There is really no advantage to doing this via distance since the stone didn't come from one of these vendors anyway. You avoid the shipping issues if you do it locally.

brodaiga

Rough_Rock
any more of these online catalogs?

brodaiga

Rough_Rock

brodaiga

Rough_Rock
do these places custom make for the public?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
brodaiga|1401749647|3685190 said:
diamondseeker2006|1401747331|3685168 said:
Vendors likely have more access to the full range of products. But here is another brand which is carried by Good Old Gold, at least.

http://www.uniquesettings.com/products/engagement_rings?ref=53

http://www.uniquesettings.com/products/three_stone_rings

I like some of the settings there. Anyone deal with unique settings? I wonder if they can make it in yellow gold and customize prong size.

Good Old Gold on Long Island carries them. If you are trying to find someone local, you can contact Unique Settings and ask if they have any sellers in your area. Many of us have done settings by long distance, and the only slight hassle is sending your diamond. If the diamond is worth $25k or less, it can be safely sent by USPS Registered Mail.

I am positive you can have rings made in yellow gold, but I think you'd have to ask about changes to the prongs.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results