shape
carat
color
clarity

Help finding a round super ideal diamond (~2 ct)with 25-30k budget for the stone.

iheartsparkly

Rough_Rock
After much thought (considering old cuts vs new), I decided that I will be most happy with a super ideal diamond. I am getting lost in the search going between Brian Gavin, Whiteflash, and CBI diamonds. I have a size 3.5 ring finger, and I am trying to figure out the best combination of ct size, clarity, and color. I literally have a job where I work with microscopes, so I don't think I would like ok with anything it the SI clarity range. With color, I am lost. I want a platinum setting and a white looking diamond. Sometimes I think G is the lowest color I would go, other times I see pictures of H, I, J diamonds that I think I could live with. I am attaching a picture of the type of setting that I like: pave, cathedral, hidden halo. If anyone has any similar settings to recommend, I would like to know that too. Thank you so much!

setting.jpg

chanieish

Rough_Rock
Premium
Sounds like we are soon to be ring twins! I have a 2.41 CBI and a slim finger like you!

https://www.hpdiamonds.com/en-us/diamonddetail/HPD7856

Here is something that falls within your price range with a nice diameter and very eye clean. It is an I though. I have a J and it faces up white 95% of the time. But from the side I can see a bit of golden tint. Perhaps I would be a better bet for you if you are more color sensitive? Also I can attest to the amazing craftsmanship of their bench if you wanted to go custom. Would probably add 3-4K for your setting style. :)

iheartsparkly

Rough_Rock
Wow, I love your ring!! And the diamond you linked is beautiful :)

pinklemonadegurl

Shiny_Rock
Contact any of your mentioned vendors, and share your preferences. WF easily emailed me side by side pics and videos of stones in the parameters I wanted. I've already chosen a setting similar to yours they'll custom make(much cheaper than the original vendor) and it has been a very smooth and easy process for us. I am deciding between two J's from WF. The one sent to me was in my opinion a VERY white J! The ACA cut is absolutely stunning, as I am sure the CBI and BGD are in real life as well. Happy hunting:)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results