shape
carat
color
clarity

Help finding a radiant

ooeemusic

Shiny_Rock
Hi Everyone,

Since a few people have said they are no hard rules regarding radiant proportions, I thought I would just ask for some helping finding one. Hubby would like it to be between .5-.7 carets or so and I would like to stay at G or above, in color, budget is around $1500 give or take. I prefer the rectangular shaped radiants as opposed to the ones that are more square.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Q

Queenie60

Take a look at enchanteddiamonds.com or McGivern diamonds.com. Enchanted has great pictures and will provide a "cut score" for each stone. McGivern will provide you with great advise and great customer service. I suggest that you go for a good cut as I feel that cut is the most important of the four C's. Good luck. Radiant diamonds are beautiful.

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
ooeemusic|1444062169|3935016 said:
Hi Everyone,

Since a few people have said they are no hard rules regarding radiant proportions, I thought I would just ask for some helping finding one.

ooeemusic,

Because the numbers will not tell you much about light return in a radiant cut, finding light performance images (ASET or Ideal-Scope) can help you narrow your search. Many people find radiant cuts with a limited bow-tie, light return to the edges, symmetrical obstruction and minimal leakage the most desirable. Hopefully you can call the vendor and ask them about specifics before you purchase, they should be able to provide some information about the existence/prevalence the bow-tie and other relevant information.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

ooeemusic

Shiny_Rock
tyty333|1444223247|3935753 said:

I was actually going to ask what people thought of the .55 since it is just barely over budget. Someone also previously suggested that .63, which is nice, but I don't know if I want to increase the budget that much. Do both of those look like decent options?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the .55 will have better light return than most* radiants but its not the best I've seen. IMO, there are a lot of badly
cut radiants that dont have very good light return. That is why I think the .55 will be better than most. Request an aset.

I think the other 2 stones that I posted will have better light return...but one is out of budget and other is rather on the long
side.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results