carat
color
clarity

Help finding a pair of 2ct diamonds

skim

Rough_Rock
Please. :)

Hi,
I’m trying to narrow down a pair of diamonds to make 4cttw earrings. Okay to go down a bit ~1.8ct, but prefer ~2ct each.

I’ve familiarized myself with the angles / proportions, and also did a crash course on some quality indicators re: HPHT vs CVD.

Probably like most, I narrowed down with just looking at GCAL 8X, mainly because it already includes light/fire performance evaluation, and there the standard images / videos help simplify the search.

I was originally aiming for a G color, but @DejaWiz had pointed me to an HPHT D color IGI.

There was a certain “something” about it that changed my perspective - I don’t know if it was the D color, HPHT, better videography / videographer, or maybe a combo - but now I’m a bit lost, and would appreciate your help with my search.

I’m leaning towards the colorless DEF, and prefer HPHT, but okay with CVD - I just don’t know how to spot growth issues except when it is very obvious. I also assume nearly all CVD examples have post growth treatment, whereas there seems to be some pride (marketing?) around “as grown” HPHT.

Budget is also a factor, but I think I’d rather size down a bit to make it work. Would like to stay under 1k per carat. Ideally 800 per carat or less.

Lastly, I’ve managed to find some good picks, or what I thought were nice, but then finding the matching twin / pair has been another challenge. I’m probably too strict here as I’d like the dimension / size tolerance to be very tight, and if I have to compromise, I look for adjacent clarity grades. I’m probably okay with an adjacent color grade, but feel it needs visual confirmation (maybe a final step before committing to buy?)

Here are some examples that have piqued my interest to date:

Thanks,
Steve

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
Nice picks! I’m not able to help find the video for #1 at the moment. Can’t wait to hear what the experts say.

Just a word of warning about GCAL 8x. Their standards seem to have been slipping lately. So with all the eagle-eyed experts here, you’re in good hands!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found a beautiful pair of 2.01 E VS1 HPHT. Let me know when you're online and ready to to put them on hold or purchase.

skim

Rough_Rock
Hi @Kim N, I'm available for a few mins. I'm not sure how to DM on this :)

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you still around?

skim

Rough_Rock
I’m checking in as I can. I think if there isn’t a way to send me a private message, I’ll take the risk that comes with you posting your recommendation publicly and will have to try and place a hold / purchase as I can during business hours.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m checking in as I can. I think if there isn’t a way to send me a private message, I’ll take the risk that comes with you posting your recommendation publicly and will have to try and place a hold / purchase as I can during business hours.

The other pair disappeared, so this is a new pair.

skim

Rough_Rock
The other pair disappeared, so this is a new pair.

Thanks. I had identified the first one as a candidate earlier today, and asked LGD to hold / reserve it for me, which they said they could do for 12hrs? I’m not sure what’s the point of that since I’ll be a sleep.

If it’s actually on hold for me and available, I’ll likely try to find a different match. Same challenge as the other diamond options: difficult to find the matching pair.

skim

Rough_Rock
I placed the order on the E-VVS diamond as a means to "hold" it, and also asked LGD to see if the wholesaler / cutter might have a better pair match in its current / upcoming inventory.

LGD mentioned that this diamond has noticeable blue hue / nuance despite it being an E color. Can someone take a look and share their opinion / critique? My eye sight isn't skilled or trained on this, and I assume the blue colors I'm seeing is part of normal prism effect / dispersion of white light to colors ? i.e. blue is normal color to see? But is the hue / nuance about too much of the blue tinged flashes or ?? Thanks in advance.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I placed the order on the E-VVS diamond as a means to "hold" it, and also asked LGD to see if the wholesaler / cutter might have a better pair match in its current / upcoming inventory.

LGD mentioned that this diamond has noticeable blue hue / nuance despite it being an E color. Can someone take a look and share their opinion / critique? My eye sight isn't skilled or trained on this, and I assume the blue colors I'm seeing is part of normal prism effect / dispersion of white light to colors ? i.e. blue is normal color to see? But is the hue / nuance about too much of the blue tinged flashes or ?? Thanks in advance.

If it does have blue nuance, it is very subtle. I usually check where the color is concentrated at the edges of the crown. Is this the E VVS2 you ordered?

E.jpg

skim

Rough_Rock
Thanks for taking a look.

Yes. Unless I mixed things up in my spreadsheet where I was tracking this as a candidate, that link should be be for the E VVS2.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for taking a look.

Yes. Unless I mixed things up in my spreadsheet where I was tracking this as a candidate, that link should be be for the E VVS2.

How about these two?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results