shape
carat
color
clarity

Help finding a match Please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone,
I''ve had my ring almost 2 months now
9.gif
and just love it. Of course, I can''t seem to take any pics that aren''t blurry or too far away so I''ve attached the pic from the website.
The jeweler has a matching w-band but I would love to save money and find something that matches online. So that''s where I''m hoping that you guys can help me!!
I really do want something that matches exactly or is so similar that you can''t tell it''s not exact.
The ring is channel set, shared prongs separating the diamonds w/very minor milgraining on the outer edge. It''s not a full eternity. I don''t know the specs or any other official way to describe the ring, sorry!

If anyone knows of somewhere that sells something like this, I would be very, very appreciative!

myring94.jpg

E B

Ideal_Rock
dixie,

You say the ring is channel set but in the picture, it looks bead set. Could you be confused or does the picture just throw me off?

Anyway, I found something that looks similar. I'm not sure if it'd be a perfect match, but you can determine that since you have your e-ring on your finger!

Pave Petite Band

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really, really recommend getting the matching band. Do you know who makes it? If so, we might can find a vendor who sells it for less. But if not, I''d play it safe and get the one you know matches. Very pretty ring!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2007 11:27:15 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
I really, really recommend getting the matching band. Do you know who makes it? If so, we might can find a vendor who sells it for less. But if not, I''d play it safe and get the one you know matches. Very pretty ring!
Ditto, that seems the best way to go.... Gorgeous ring!!!!
1.gif

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
EBree, good question, I wish I knew what bead set is. You''d think all this time on PS I''d be a tad bit smarter.
33.gif

Since clearly I can''t use the real terms, I''ll just describe it since yes, it''s just sitting so happily on my finger
1.gif
. There are 6 little diamonds on each side, separated by what looks like 2 tiny little raised dots/circles/bumps/prongs..whatever you call them! I say channel set b/c the diamonds are set into the band, and I thought that was channel set. I also think my FI told me that but not positive.
Ooooh, that ring you found is similar but I think the milgraining is much thinner on mine. You can barely tell it''s there, imo. Also, I think the little dots/beads separating the diamonds are smaller. Hmmm, maybe I should call the jewelry store and have them describe it for me in real terms. Geez, I wish I could post some up-close pics of the ring. How annoying! I''m going to try tomorrow outside to take some pics.

Diamondseeker, thanks! I just love the ring. The jeweler is Richard Krementz. http://www.richardkrementzgemstones.com/home.html Just out of curiosity, why do you recommend getting the matching band? I''m certainly not opposed to that in any way, just wondering.

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Kaleigh! I guess I''m just trying to save a bit of $$ b/c I had no idea weddings were so darned expensive. But if I must, I will certainly take the money from the wedding and apply it to the ring. It''s absolutey worth it in my opinion!

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
dixie-
It looks like the designer''s matching band is notched, have you tried any bands with your E-ring? It looks like a regular eternity might not sit flush depending on the size of you stone. It might be helpful to visit a B&M and find out.

bridal5b.jpg

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you want one that matches exactly it''s best to buy the one made for it. If you are flexible about the stones setting style not matching exactly and there being a gap between the rings look around.

Go to a few B&M stores and try rings on. You''ll get an idea of what you want pretty quickly. It may be that you''re easy to please and can find something but if you want it to match exactly then you''ll probably have to go with the ering designer.

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Mercoledi,
You''re right, the matching band is notched but they told me that they can make it as a regular band for me. I haven''t tried on the notched or un-notched (?) version yet. I have a feeling I won''t like the notched version but not sure, on the other hand, I think that I want the rings to sit flush. I guess I will have to make a choice. I have to go get the ring cleaned in March so I figured I would try them on then and then inquire about the price.

Stone Hunter, I''m not sure how flexible I am about it not matching perfectly. I think that if it''s obvious that it doesn''t match, I probably wouldn''t like it. If only I can tell, I might be ok w/it. I guess I was just hoping there was something out there similar enough that would save me some money. But based on everyone''s advice, it seems like I should go w/the exact match. I think that once I try it on and find out the price, then maybe I''ll know how much I care if it matches exactly.

Thanks everyone!!!

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Hi! Back again w/a little more info. The ring is bead set.. woops! The designer who makes it now (the original designer sold to someone) is checking on having one custom made for me. Another designer says it would run about $16-$1750. I would really like to find something cheaper and think I''m willing to not have it match exactly if it saves a good deal of money.

It is half eternity and I would like that part matching. Mine has a squared bottom but I don''t think it''s necessary for that to match, since no one really looks at the back of my hand to see that part of the ring. I don''t want the notch b/c I like the look w/o it, as long as the band is very thin. Mine is 1.8 (I think) and I even tried some on that were 2.1 and it looked too thick, given the size of my ering. I really like the thinness of the two bands w/just a little bit of space between them.

Anyone see anything similar out there or kind of similar?

Thanks so much!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I still vote to get the matching band. I think down the road you''d wish you just saved up a bit more and the difference *might* drive you nuts in time. you''re going to have a tough time finding someone that even makes a band that thin and if you do it probably isn''t going to look the same. you might try Ritani, their bands are bead set and they are just under 2mm but I doubt they''d save you much if any $$.

good luck though..

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Dixie,

I agree with Mrs. Salvo -- I''d try to get the matching one if possible. If not, as Mrs. S. already recommended, I''d look at the Ritani bands, since they''re thinner than others.

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Mrssalvo and Zoe! It''s not that I disagree about getting the matching band, just not sure we can afford it and I really don''t want to go into debt. But I haven''t ruled out getting the match, just seeing if I have other options.
I will check out Ritani!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
dixie, why not look into getting a simple inexpensive plain band to wear and start a little wedding band savings account for the matching band. that way it doesn''t take a huge chunk out of the budget at once and you can make little contributions here and there. i do this for high ticket items I want. sometimes when I''m about to blow 10 bucks at starbucks I''ll think to myself, hey, I can add this to my fund, I bad do I really need the big cup of coffee. anyway, it becomes a fun game to watch the account grow. you also might look into to finding a retailer you will let you put it in layaway or something too.

let us know what you think of the ritani''s, although they aren''t cheap...

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with mrssalvo. If you can''t afford it, you can''t afford it, so I would spend $100-200 on a plain band for now. Then after the wedding you can save up and get the matching ring.

I''m a big advocate for getting what you really want, so I feel like it doesn''t make much sense to spend say $800-1000 on a ring that isn''t exactly what you want when you could put that money towards the ring you have your heart set on.

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, I am surprised that everyone seems to agree here! Well, given that and I don''t see anything out there which matches quite enough for me or at least isn''t cheap enough to convince me, I''m pretty sure I''ll go w/the matching band.
I am so excited to have it but will still keep my eyes open for something less inexpensive.

I like the idea of buying a less expensive ring to begin but we''ll likely just buy the matching one now, if I can''t find an alternative.

Thanks for the help!

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
Dixie I think you''ve made a wise decision. If you''re really into precise matching, then nothing will make you happier than a matching wedding band, even if it means taking time to save up for it. You will be glad you did.

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks MiniMouse, I feel good about getting the matching band and my FI isn''t arguing. Of course, he wouldn''t mind cheaper but he hasn''t said anything to discourage me. Plus, I think he knows that I really like things to match, so something I wear every day certainly would be no exception.
Can''t wait to wear it!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results