shape
carat
color
clarity

Help finding 2 0.5 ct side stones for a 3 stone ring Ouros is quoting me way too high

Musa15

Shiny_Rock
Hello! I am looking to create a 3 stone ring with a 2ct lightbox diamond recently purchased. Inspiration pics here in Ouros Etsy shop.
il_1588xN.3246773774_j5j1.jpg
I already purchased the center stone (can view it in my previous posts) and I am now looking to source 2 0.5ct side stones.

For these 2 side stones, I am looking for well cut/ideal cut stones so I can get maximum brilliance and fire. I received some pricing from an overseas vendor: Ouros is charging $500 for each stone (and no mention of how good the cut quality would be).

Is there a better place to source the side stones for the project? The stones don't technically have to be ideal cut but since Vijay over at Ouros quoted me at $500 per stone for ones with an IGI lab certificate I looked on rare carat to see what that would roughly give me if I bought the stones through the website and it appears I can get ideal cut stones for that price range.

Thanks,

SapphireStyle

Shiny_Rock
Why not use Lightbox side stones? I am currently having a three stone ring made with a 2ct Lightbox centre. Lightbox does not ship loose stones to Canada, so I purchased the two carat tw studs to be used as my side stones. While they are not ideal cut, they are well cut, very sparkly and match my centre stone well. I wouldn't want my side stones to outshine the centre. The ring is likely to be completed in the next few days and I will be able to post some pics. Another poster, whose name I cannot recall, had a lovely 5 stone ring made all with Lightbox stones when they first started selling the 2 carats and she posted lots of photos in her thread - I think end of October, early Novemberish.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
^^ I was just about to say the same!

You could buy two of these:

Or this pair:

Musa15

Shiny_Rock
^^ I was just about to say the same!

You could buy two of these:

Or this pair:

I initially looked on the website and realized that they didn't have 1/2 carat in the loose stones. I can't seem to find them on the website. I do however, see the bigger sizes on there.

I am going to look into buying the earrings that's a great idea. Where would you then source the actual ring/mounting from?

Musa15

Shiny_Rock
Why not use Lightbox side stones? I am currently having a three stone ring made with a 2ct Lightbox centre. Lightbox does not ship loose stones to Canada, so I purchased the two carat tw studs to be used as my side stones. While they are not ideal cut, they are well cut, very sparkly and match my centre stone well. I wouldn't want my side stones to outshine the centre. The ring is likely to be completed in the next few days and I will be able to post some pics. Another poster, whose name I cannot recall, had a lovely 5 stone ring made all with Lightbox stones when they first started selling the 2 carats and she posted lots of photos in her thread - I think end of October, early Novemberish.

Where did you get the setting from? How much was that roughly in terms of cost?

SapphireStyle

Shiny_Rock
Where did you get the setting from? How much was that roughly in terms of cost?

My local jeweller is making the ring for me. I actually don't know the cost yet. He's made lots of pieces for me, so I have a general idea, and he invoices me in the end.

If you are trying to keep the budget down, there are places such as Ivy and Rose that have semi-mount settings you can customise a bit. I haven't purchased any but I'm sure others will chime in with other suggestions for you.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I initially looked on the website and realized that they didn't have 1/2 carat in the loose stones. I can't seem to find them on the website. I do however, see the bigger sizes on there.

I am going to look into buying the earrings that's a great idea. Where would you then source the actual ring/mounting from?

You're right, I didn't realize that they didn't actually have the 1/2 carat loose stones available in that link.

David Klass has set a lot of members' stones. I'd contact him for a quote. One member even had Lightbox ship the stones directly to David.

Alybetter

Brilliant_Rock
Clean origin is a safe bet for RBs. I bought 3 of theirs for a 3 stone and they were lovely. I ran them thru HCA before buying. They were all F color IGI Ideals.

Here’s a pic of the finished product:

Attachments

• 7812B9A6-16FE-497C-BDEC-C299D171B2D0.jpeg
    7812B9A6-16FE-497C-BDEC-C299D171B2D0.jpeg
    165.2 KB · Views: 21

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I pulled my side stones from LB earrings for my ring.

I think I bought the .5 ( 1ctw) from bloomingdales when they had a sale. It was under 600 for the pair ( they were 30% off and then an additional 15% new customer coupon) if I remember correctly.

I can’t wait to see your 3 stone when it is done!

Musa15

Shiny_Rock
I pulled my side stones from LB earrings for my ring.

I think I bought the .5 ( 1ctw) from bloomingdales when they had a sale. It was under 600 for the pair ( they were 30% off and then an additional 15% new customer coupon) if I remember correctly.

I can’t wait to see your 3 stone when it is done!

This is good to know for future projects! I didn’t even realize Bloomingdale’s sold LB products.

Musa15

Shiny_Rock
Clean origin is a safe bet for RBs. I bought 3 of theirs for a 3 stone and they were lovely. I ran them thru HCA before buying. They were all F color IGI Ideals.

Here’s a pic of the finished product:

May I ask roughly how much each stone was?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results