shape
carat
color
clarity

help! find me an opal?

sonyachancs

Shiny_Rock
I just came back from a honeymoon in Australia, and would really like an opal to remember it with. Are there vendors you would recommend?

Not sure if this really belongs here, but I'm thinking of setting it with a few small spinels I have in a ring, so maybe it counts? TIA!

P. S. I wanted to buy one in Australia, but have no idea how to check authenticity!!

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I would highly recommend looking at Black Opal Direct as well, I buy bags of rough opal from Justin every few weeks or so and he has always been very helpful and accommodating to my requests.

Vesper

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I would also look at Just Opals. I bought my black opal from them and were very happy.

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'd echo the recommendations for blackopaldirect. I've brought 1 black opal from there and 1 semi black and they both....just blow me away! I've recently set my semi black, I don't know how to link but it's a few threads around this one.

Also, do a forum search on black opals and you'll see quite a few here, a treat for the eyes!

Jordy did I read right? You're buying bags of opal rough every few weeks (!) and you're not posting pictures?!!!!!!! How is that possible!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results