shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! Faulty Setting... the side stone keeps falling out

sarksl

Rough_Rock
My friend has a beautiful Scalloped setting engagement ring with three main stones and side stones running down the side of the band. Her boyfriend proposed last October 2010 and one of the side stones has fallen out twice now in less than a year. The first time she took it back the jeweler was extremely apologetic and replaced the stone for her free of charge. Now that it has fallen out a second time, my friend worries that this is going to be a reoccurring problem and cannot come to terms on having to keep going back to the jeweler to replace the stone over and over again. She has not gone back yet to visit the jeweler to notify him that the stone fell out again and it needs to be replaced once again.

Anyone out there have the same thing happen to them? How did you get it fixed for good? Did you need a whole new ring setting?

photo-4.JPG

photo-3.JPG

photo-2.JPG

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Re: Help! Faulty Setting... the side stone keeps falling o

I think it's unusual that the stone has fallen out twice. Is it the same stone both times or different stones? The setting looks like an eternity-esque setting with a center stone. Eternity bands are prone to losing stones if they are hit in just the right way. I know that I take my eternity band off to do any kind of work in the house or yard. I'd suggest that your friend go back to the jeweler, express her concern and see what he thinks.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

The ring looks pretty. Does she have a warranty with the jeweler on the ring? She shouldn't be embarrassed because she has problems with her ring.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

I would take it back and ask them to check all the stones, and recheck them and also replace the stone. Is it insured? And also take the rings to an appraiser to see if there are any manufacturing or design issues causing the problem. If it is... then you can have them start from scratch and get it right this time.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results