shape
carat
color
clarity

HELP! Fake Verragio

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kaka

Rough_Rock
About 4 weeks ago I went to a local B&M store that is a Verragio and Vatche authorized retailer. I initally was going to get the Vatche Royal Crown and I knew what the going price was online ~$1050. So I ask them how much was they were selling their for, the guy said $850 and I said that's a pretty good deal. So I started looking at the Verragio and found the one I like, model eur-8002, and he quoted me $1500 for and I fould it online from BillBarnes.com for $1950. So I decided to get the Verriago except I wanted larger side stone, the one from Verriago was .34 tw and I wanted .50 tw. He quoted me $2100 for the .50 tw, so I went ahead and order the setting. He said that it would take 4 weeks to order the setting. So 4 weeks later, I picked up the setting on Monday and it look good to me at the time. I was excited to finally get the setting that I really didn't inspect it carefully. I got home and took out the setting and started going over it carefully and notice that it didn't have the Verragio name inscribed on it and also some of the lines were not proportional. I think this setting is a fake. I not going to say the name of the store yet until I get an explanation from them. What sould I do?
angryfire.gif

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
Very interesting. Definately call your jeweler right away and also call Verragio directly. In fact - I'd call Verragio first and check up on the jeweler.

I recently ordered a ring to just try on - not to buy, from Long's Jewelers in NH, and Verragio sent them a "replica" of their setting but made with something besides platinum, the jeweler thought it was stainless steel - no VEGGAGIO stamp on it, and the sidestones were all CZ's. Which I guess is fine for a LOANER stone. It wasn't the real thing - although it looked very nice.

But you may want to check that out as soon as possible. Verragio's costs are way more than what you quoted. Which setting were you looking at? Maybe they (the jeweler) are selling the fakes for less costs - and yet making a huge profit cause nothing on them is authentic?

I'd call Verragio for SURE and make sure they did this work, and if you aren't happy - RETURN IT!
They should have their stamp and it should be perfect.

Good luck - keep us posted!
errrr.gif
eek.gif

kaka

Rough_Rock
I talked to my friend who is a lawyer and he too brought a setting from them also. He's piss-off too now. We are going to the store later to confront them about it. Man, I hated when someone tries to pull a fast one on me. Will keep u updated.
nono.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maybe you should call the store and see what they have to say before you get upset and work a lawyer into the equation. It could be an honest mistake, esp if the store truly is an authorized Veraggio retailer, why would they sell you a dud setting? I would give the store a call, tell them what you think and see what they say. You may be surprised, they may be very helpful and/or admit a mistake. Or if you call and they deny it and/or don't appear willing to help, then you may be 'pissed off' and consult your lawyer.

Best of luck.

kaka

Rough_Rock
We went to the store today around lunch but they are close on Tuesday. They luck out, we get them tommorrow.
Up_to_something.gif

NewbieHere

Rough_Rock
Whatever happened when you went back to the b&m store about the "fake"?

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
Kaka -

I am very curious what happened with all this for you?

Recently I did read on the Verragio website that they do NOT always imprint their stamp into every ring they make. If the ring is too small to fit it or the design doesn't allow for it - they do not put it on. I would think they would make a smaller imprint for the smaller rings to account for the Verragio brand name you are paying for... but who am I to make the rules??

HOPE ALL WORKED OUT!! Post again soon and let us know what came of your ring issue!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results