shape
carat
color
clarity

Help explain this to me

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock
I was trawling ebay and found these two rings

http://cgi.ebay.com/Oval-6x8mm-14kt-W-Gold-0-28ct-Diamond-Semi-Mount-Ring-/310317803346?pt=Diamond_Solitaire_Rings&hash=item484061e752

http://cgi.ebay.com/Gorgeous-6x8mm-Oval-14K-Gold-Diamond-Semi-Mount-Ring-/370509743979?pt=US_Fine_Rings&hash=item56441a076b

They look to be essentially the same ring, but......

One is 2.85g with 0.28ct G/H VS diamonds for buy it now $252

The other is 2.66g with 0.22ct H SI diamonds for $321

Why is the heavier weight ring with more and higher spec diamonds $70 cheaper than the lighter ring with less and lower spec diamonds?

It makes no sense to me. What am I missing?

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
I think I have seen variable prices across companies for similar items before. I have definitely seen different BIN prices and "or best offer" starting prices for the exact same items at LOGR, with "the best offer" starting lower than the BIN price.

Maybe its the photography, but I lean towards the LOGR setting a bit more myself, it just looks a little better made

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I noticed that with a setting I was looking at not too long ago. There were 3 different companies that were listing it at 3 different prices. Of course if given the option I totally would've gone for the cheapest.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Settings will sell for whatever people will pay for them. I've not bought anything from beyond jewelery so I can't speak to what their products look like in person. I have bought from LOGR *same ring actually* and can say that I really do like it a lot.

among the other things, 69.00 is a pretty big difference in the price. But it may come down to quality, I just wouldn't know as my experience has been limited.

I would be interested to hear from those who have purchased from beyond jewelery though.

-A

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think beyondjewelry3 is a lanbo store, and his prices, in general, tend to be lower than LOGR. I have noticed that LOGR's prices have risen substantially, and for me, the quality isn't so different that it's worth it to me to continue to buy from LOGR. Others may differ in their opinion. I have some exceptionally well made pieces from both companies, and I have some meh ones too.

ETA: A new vendor on ebay might also start off with very low prices so that they can attract customers and get some feedback. Then the prices go up.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Sometimes vendors throw around different prices to see if people will bite..at least that's what I'm guessing. I've seen the same vendor change prices around over time, not necessarily just increasing price because of rising gold prices, but sometimes increasing or decreasing over the period of a few weeks.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They will be using the same casts I think. The difference may be in the grade of diamond they use. Lanbo does generally use better diamonds where with LOGR you have to upgrade everything! I've not had a bad Lanbo ring yet and actually avoid LOGR for most of the time due to the hike in prices.

I think the difference in weight can be explained by looking at the photos (which I've only done very briefly). The Lanbo setting looks less hollowed out internally. The hollowing out appears to stop at the sides where the diamonds stop. However, look at the inside of the shank on the LOGR one. It's been hollowed out much further around to the back of the band. That would account for the weight fluctuation.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
BTW, I have that setting from LOGR and there is no way, no how, I would pay $321 for it. I paid $124, and it's very very lightweight and the diamonds are very small, and not that great.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm happy to read the last two posts, as I have this LOGR setting as well (and probably paid more than I should've at the time). I don't like how hollowed out it is and would describe it as lightweight at best. Now I pay more attention to the gram weight, so I don't make the same mistake again.

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock
Yet again you've all been so helpful. Thank you so much :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results