shape
carat
color
clarity

Help Evaluating This Stone

SamOhJung

Rough_Rock
hahah sorry. The aset image from earlier belongs to the Yadav one I am considering exchanging to. In my post #24 with the sets of angles and pictures, it's always done by the order of the one I purchased first, followed by the one I'm considering exchanging to.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
If they're both cut by the same cutter, then the one I purchased should perform (light) the same as the one with the secretly good but at first look bad aset image right? :twirl:
More than likely yes, same numbers other than girdle within the gia rounding and I would be willing to say they are close within the rounding, and most very likely same cutter cut to the same specs and and by the same process.
Both look ok in the regular pictures.
Side by side if the same color and close mm size I would think that anyone would have a very hard time telling them apart.

Im not willing to say outright yes without more data.

SamOhJung

Rough_Rock
Sorry, one last question @Karl_K , just going through your guidelines in understanding ASET images. Would this be another example of misalignment, the white areas areas are slightly different in shape as well. However, there is this big white spot on the lower right. Wondering if this stone is also actually better cut than the aset shows...Thank you very much!

Screen Shot 2018-12-19 at 9.53.40 PM.png

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yes it is better than the ASET shows due to the back lighitng but its not perfect.
The big white area is a cut issue, that set of lowers is off from the others.
It has some digging on the pavilion that is worse in that area.
There is a good possibility that it has rather wide ranging pavilion angles so they had to twist the lowers to match it up.
Its not as bad as some of them I have seen lately.
Its enough to kick it down from being the best but its not a train wreck in this case.
When it is worse, this it is eye visible to some people.

SamOhJung

Rough_Rock
Wow, thank you so much for your expertise. This is very eye opening!! Appreciate your help on this Karl!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you to everyone for all the useful info on reading ASETs in this thread :))

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I rarely visit Enchanted Diamonds' website. Oh boy.... their ASET and Hearts & Arrow images are just terribly taken. I never knew.

SamOhJung

Rough_Rock
Thank you for all your inputs! You guys have been absolutely amazing, we learned so so much here and I just wanted to share an update on the ring! We decided to keep the first one with medium fluo and combo 56/62/34/41. He proposed with it and it has sentimental value to us. Plus, we couldn't see the blue fluorescence unless it's in really strong UV lighting and it has no adverse effects whatsoever. Thank you all!

IMG_0715.JPG

IMG_9913.JPG
it definitely look very "white"
IMG_6532.JPG
Trying to catch the dark arrows
IMG_5240.JPG

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
wow, that's gorgeous! So happy for you!

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock