shape
carat
color
clarity

Help evaluating diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aveda6

Shiny_Rock
Hello,

As suggested by some of the wonderful forum members, I have found two diamonds that I am trying to decide on and I was hopeful that I could post the information in the hopes of receiving some thoughts/suggestions. The diamond will be likely going in to a tiffany legacy-style setting. Hopefully the pictures work out and are legible....Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

diamondspecs1.JPG

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi aveda,

I can't read the pavilion angle, could you post it please?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Sc! I agree, everything looks good aveda.

aveda6

Shiny_Rock

31317888.JPG

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d stick with the first one.
28.gif

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Definitely prefer the #1 stone. Looks like some leakage in the IS for #2 and the HCA score only a 4.9.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The first is the obvious choice here.

aveda6

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all very much. I think it was an easier decision once the evaluation pictures were sent. Online it is so difficult to see any difference. The price is a bit higher than i was hoping to spend but it seems like the diamond is worth it. I had considered moving down in clarity but i really like how this one looks so I think it makes sense. I appreicate everyone''s input, it definitely helps. It definitely looks better than the .5 ct diamond I had looked at locally for quite a bit more money.

Now I just have to figure out how to pay for it and then how to actually pose the question...it will definitely come as a suprise....
6.gif

jim

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good Luck. :)

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
You''ve done a great job, she''s going to love it! Good luck, and come back with pics if you can.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/18/2009 11:02:22 AM
Author: Ellen
You''ve done a great job, she''s going to love it! Good luck, and come back with pics if you can.
Ditto Ellen and please come back with pics!!

aveda6

Shiny_Rock
I will, thanks. It was funny, I just finished reading the 2ct post and how 2ct is the new 1ct. I can''t fathom something that big right now. Even 0.5 ct is going to be a bit of a stretch. I must have the wrong job, I''d love to be able to afford larger......

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2009 11:38:27 AM
Author: aveda6
I will, thanks. It was funny, I just finished reading the 2ct post and how 2ct is the new 1ct. I can''t fathom something that big right now. Even 0.5 ct is going to be a bit of a stretch. I must have the wrong job, I''d love to be able to afford larger......
Oh, don''t be fooled. Most people still can''t afford that. And if it makes you feel any better, my original Ering was much smaller than what you just bought, and I wore it for 26 years.
2.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/18/2009 11:49:33 AM
Author: Ellen

Date: 3/18/2009 11:38:27 AM
Author: aveda6
Oh, don''t be fooled. Most people still can''t afford that. And if it makes you feel any better, my original Ering was much smaller than what you just bought, and I wore it for 26 years.
2.gif
BIG ditto to that, when Hubby and I got engaged 22 years ago all we could afford was the titchiest diamond - but I still love it even though I now wear a much larger one! You will have a beautiful and very nice size diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results