shape
carat
color
clarity

Help Evaluated Diamonds

hc132

Rough_Rock
Just wanted to see what peoples opinions are of these two diamonds.

The first diamond looks fairly good to me. The second one from blue nile unfortunately does not come with any scope images. Also, it feels to me like it has a darker (maybe brown) tint? Although I am not sure if that is just the lighting.

Trying to decide between going for something like the one above, or just getting a diamond from whiteflash ex https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-di...-vs2-clarity-round-excellent-cut-sku-e4596119 which would have more a premium but a guaranteed good cut.

For those with super / near super ideal diamonds, can you really tell a difference between them and ones that has a really good cut with correct proportions?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would always choose the WF stone. For me, I would want the peace of mind related to knowing I had the best cut. I would probably try to get an I color from WF to avoid having such a big size difference though.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

hc132

Rough_Rock
That is true, but I've never been able to compare a super ideal and one that's not side by side. Although I'd imagine there would be diminishing returns as you get closer to the "perfect cut".

Has anyone who has compared both seen a noticeable difference, assuming the non-super ideal is still a decent ags000 cut stone?

Also does anyone else think the blue nile one has brown tint? It just looks overall darker than the JA one when viewing the sides.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is true, but I've never been able to compare a super ideal and one that's not side by side. Although I'd imagine there would be diminishing returns as you get closer to the "perfect cut".

Has anyone who has compared both seen a noticeable difference, assuming the non-super ideal is still a decent ags000 cut stone?

Also does anyone else think the blue nile one has brown tint? It just looks overall darker than the JA one when viewing the sides.

The BN stone does appear a bit darker than the JA from the side.

There are lots of threads discussing the visual differences between super ideal cuts and non-super ideals. Here's a recent one.

hc132

Rough_Rock
Thanks, I will take a look at that thread. Sounds like this will be a hard decision

crbl999

Brilliant_Rock

Here are some good videos that compare super ideal hearts & arrows to ideal cut stones. Leave the sound off and pick which stone you like the best. Then turn the sound on to find out which is the super ideal. Three different lighting sources in the video so you can see brilliance, fire, and sparkle easier.

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results