shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! ER micropave issue :(

minidancer

Shiny_Rock
Looking at my ER today, I noticed one of the micropave stones (eighth stone in the middle row) seems to be depressed/set deeper than the rest.:( I can't tell if it's just the curvature of the ring, or if I should be worried.

Thoughts??

image_1827.jpg image_1829.jpg image_1830.jpg

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OP, I feel your pain. I have 2 diamonds in my halo that I feel the same way about... However, I'm the only one who can see it, it bothers me the same. But, I just chalked it up to the whole "if you look close enough, you can find flaws in just about anything" mentality. I'm super picky, and I wish I could "unsee" it. ::) I will live. LOL :halo:

minidancer

Shiny_Rock
Thanks msop. I am debating taking it to a local jeweler to see if I should just ignore it. I think I should just leave it alone. :bigsmile:

minidancer

Shiny_Rock
Thanks msop. I am debating taking it to a local jeweler to see if I should just ignore it. I think I should just leave it alone. :bigsmile:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
minidancer|1402382377|3689950 said:

I think that would be best, minidancer... your setting is really nice, and there is very intricate pave work on every surface -- I'd be afraid the jeweler might risk actual damage that really would be noticeable. I honestly can't even see it except barely in the super magnified image you posted. It looks pretty much perfect to me (and I'm not saying that to make you feel better). ;)) :halo:

minidancer

Shiny_Rock
Thanks MSOP. :)) Hopefully you can still enjoy your beautiful, huge ER despite the "imperfection" only you can see!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
IF you are going to have anyone check it out/work on it, have it be the person who made it. I had to really look too but once you see sometihng like that, its hard to unsee it.

minidancer

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Ame. I will try to ignore it for now. If it bothers me in a few months, I will have the jeweler who set it look at it.

davidsbfly

Rough_Rock
ame|1402506403|3690974 said:
IF you are going to have anyone check it out/work on it, have it be the person who made it. I had to really look too but once you see sometihng like that, its hard to unsee it.
I agree! Have the original jeweler look at it. That would drive me insane, as it would be the only thing I would see when admiring my ring. It's terrible having OCD when it comes to rings being perfect!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results