shape
carat
color
clarity

Help!- Emerald Cut Specs?? Diamond choice..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

herc130

Rough_Rock
I have narrowed it down to two diamonds and request opinions..comments prior to taking the plunge.

1-
Emerald Cut
7.3 x 5.21 x 3.25
1.06 carats
62.4% depth
86% table
very thin to medium
culet - none
polish - VG
symmetry - G
VVS1
Color - E
Flour- None

2- Emerald Cut
6.72 x 5.16 x 3.42
1.03 carat
depth - 66.3%
table - 66%
girdle - thin to slightly thick
culet - none
polish - good
symmetry - good
VS2
Color - G
Flour - None

Either one will be set in platinum with .25 emeralds on each side. The second has closer specs to the AGS recomendations that I found on this site. The first one has a table of 86% which having not seen it I would have found bothersome.

However- the first diamond looks absolutely amazing. It is already set and the second one is still loose but holding them up there is no competition.

Oh yeah..price first including setting and side diamonds in $9700..second is $8000..

I don't have SARIN report info. Is this a big deal???

Thanks for the responses..

herc130

Rough_Rock
looking for inputs - the clock is ticking..possible purchase today - thanks

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock
Emerald cuts are my personal favorites, but both of those look a bit "fat" by conventional standards. The first has a length-to-width ratio of 1.4, the second 1.3. The trade tends to prefer 1.5-1.75, which looks more elegant on the finger.

The main thing about emerald cuts is that you need pretty high clarity--the large table and step cut pavilion can really highlight inclusions that you wouldn't see with a round. So all things being equal, I'd go with the E-VVS1. That 86% table is a problem, though. Even for emerald cuts, that's high. If it were me, I'd keep looking.

Can't give you any guidance on the price, but you can look them up on pricescope.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results