shape
carat
color
clarity

Help ! Emerald Cut Solitaire E Ring with 7K budget

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Got it Gypsy. There was no disrespect intended.

I was also giving an honest opinion.
I believe that telling someone that they should not consider anything below G/VS1 ( as tatoosh was told by a diamond cutter) is not necessarily fair to the consumer.
If someone has seen diamonds, and they know they want completely colorless, than of course, it''s a valid suggestion.
But there are some people who choose to purchase a larger stone with a lower color who are extremely satisfied.
In terms of polish and symmetry, I really meant it as a compliment...Finding emerald cuts with a GIA report with EX polish and symmetry is not all that common.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/30/2009 9:11:33 PM
Author: Rockdiamond
Got it Gypsy. There was no disrespect intended.

I was also giving an honest opinion.
I believe that telling someone that they should not consider anything below G/VS1 ( as tatoosh was told by a diamond cutter) is not necessarily fair to the consumer.
If someone has seen diamonds, and they know they want completely colorless, than of course, it's a valid suggestion.
But there are some people who choose to purchase a larger stone with a lower color who are extremely satisfied.
In terms of polish and symmetry, I really meant it as a compliment...Finding emerald cuts with a GIA report with EX polish and symmetry is not all that common.
Thanks for the clarification RD. I am admittedly sick and cranky with it. Sorry for misinterpreting.

As for low color. Wink has an R I'm lusting after, so though my own engagement ring is an F (pre-PS), I am by no means a color snob.

ETA: Someone bought the R. Freaking beautiful it was too...
39.gif
I hope they enjoy it as much as I would have.
11.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
sheesh....

ok...
vg/vg is just as good as ex/ex
g can be ok if the vendor is looking at it and can identify what caused the grade and make sure it doesn't affect the stone face up and over moderate tilts.

ex/ex is much more common than eyeclean si graded EC's
Most are not, if a vendor is calling in a stone for you forget the si clarity.
If a vendor has a si in stock then you can discuss how eyeclean it is.

H color is generally safe for most people, if you go lower you need to view some first and or shop with a place with a good return policy.

H/VS is a good safe zone to strike a balance and go up in size.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/30/2009 9:02:34 PM
Author: Gypsy
Hopefully Storm will be along to evaluate these pics (he understands the JA photo set up much better than I do)...

But here is one I thought might be okay (though the P3 facets might be off or something because the center looks a little dark... again, Strom would have to tell you about that): http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/H-VS1-Ideal-Cut-Emerald-Diamond-1138537.asp
this one is worth getting crown height and an IS

Probably not going to be eyeclean, but if Storm approves the cut, it might be worth a call... and for the price is might be worth buying it to see what you think of the inlcusion yourself (if JA says it's not very noticable). http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/H-SI1-Ideal-Cut-Emerald-Diamond-1210100.asp
this one has a large si grade setting feather right under the table in a bad position

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results