shape
carat
color
clarity

help! e-ring setting is SO expensive!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cushcut

Rough_Rock
im trying to buy or design a setting for my engagment ring and have ran across leon mege beautiful designs from this website. i love
30.gif
love his stuff as many other gals on this forum im sure. i showed this picture of dmarielevin ring https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-leon-mege-cushion-is-finally-here.55393/ to my local jewerly store and they have came back and given me a quote of $6975 for platinum and $6100 for white gold to make it!! i know thats probably close to what leon charges but this is just a local store in columbus, ohio?! does anyone have any recommendations on where i can purchase a setting like this and for much cheaper? is that really ballpark how much leon charges? please any ideas would be greatly appreciated. also if anyone knows how to attach dmarielevin e-ring pic please do so.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
the price quote you got is higher than anything I've ever had quoted by Leon. If you love that Leon setting, definitely email or call Leon for a quote and I'd definitely have him make it.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Like mrssalvo said, contact Leon for a price quote. If you want that ring, I wouldn''t just go with anyone. You will end up disappointed.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve contacted Leon ... and that''s really high. Call him and ask him for a qoute. Seriously.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Definitely contact Leon Mege, his prices are lower than you''d think.

tweeanna

Shiny_Rock
Wow, that price is way too high for a setting...is it for the e-ring only or is it with a matching wedding band? The price that was quoted is almost the price of a diamond!!

cushcut

Rough_Rock
ok i feel better now i really thought it was just me and thought for work like that it would cost that much. the only problem with leon is i dont know if we will have enough time. ive read posts about how long his rings take.
all i really want is micropave with milgrain simple i cant believe its so hard to find. does anyone know of any online places?
thanks for imput everyone!

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
If you want the exact ring, I would go with Leon. If you just want something similar with pave, check out Whiteflash. They did my ring which is pave and milgrain. Here is a picture. I am very pleased with it.

trrrir.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/19/2007 4:57:00 PM
Author: cushcut
ok i feel better now i really thought it was just me and thought for work like that it would cost that much. the only problem with leon is i dont know if we will have enough time. ive read posts about how long his rings take.

all i really want is micropave with milgrain simple i cant believe its so hard to find. does anyone know of any online places?

thanks for imput everyone!

Leon normally quotes 4-6 weeks for one of his settings. Best to call him to be sure...

dmarielevin

Rough_Rock
Hi Cushcut,

Thanks for the nice thoughts on my ring! Leon did an amazing job on it and I am so happy. That quote your jeweler gave you is really high. Leon quoted my engagement ring price at $3800 plus the cost of diamonds. I think the total price wound up to be $4500 - $4600 (that''s with platinum). I went to NYC to meet with him, however, if you know what you want, I don''t think working with him long distance would be a problem at all. The good thing about Leon is that you know you will get a really well made piece and his prices for this sort of thing are really competitive with other jewelers. I met with Leon and dropped off my stone on 10-20-06. He quoted me 4-5 weeks but said don''t be surprised if it took longer. I think he finished it around the third week in December and from what I hear this is sort of on the longer end for him.

Best of luck,

Denise

cushcut

Rough_Rock
thanks so much for the great info dmarie i really appreciate it!
we are in the process of contacting leon. hopefully our timeframe
will work for him. i will feel like the luckiest girl if i get a leon setting!

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
Glad to see you are going to contact Leon. I was pleasantly surprised when I had a price quote from him. What more could you ask for, a competitive price with masterful results!

Good Luck!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results