shape
carat
color
clarity

Help-Dislocated Ring Finger

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pinksunset

Rough_Rock
I need some help. My problem is that I dislocated my left ring finger pretty badly playing sports in high school. To this day its still has a swollen appearance, probably a half size bigger than my right finger. I was also left with a calcium deposit (that surgeons won''t remove for fear of nerve damage) on the side of my joint that necessitates me getting an even bigger size just to get a ring over my finger. I have tried on some of my old rings and they never look attractive on my finger because of the bump and swollen appearance of my finger. Based on what I said, any idea of what kinda of ring would look good on my finger? Thin or thick band? BTW, despite the swollen fingers, I have thin fingers. Also, what should I do about ring size to prevent the ring from slipping all around my hand since it will probably be pretty loose to just get it over the bump? Should I just get my engagement ring for a different finger? What finger would be appropriate?

psuheather

Shiny_Rock
I know some people that wear their e-rings on their right hand just because it''s more comfortable for them. You might want to consider that

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
One of my friends has a previously broken ring finger on his left hand. He''s always worn his wedding band on the right and been happy doing so.

headlight

Ideal_Rock

My heart goes out to you. I, too, have problems with my left-hand ring finger: I have an arthritic condition whereas the synovium is inflamed and I have a large "lump/hump" that makes a significant disparity between the size that will go over the knuckle and the size where the ring should sit. Also, I hate the way my finger looks.

Anyway, I went the route of the "arthritic/specialty" shank and first tried Superfit but that was a nightmare. Then I found Lockshank (www.lockshank.com) and it has been great. I highly recommend it. It is pricey in platinum, but worth it. I can actually wear my ring without it spinning and without having to even deal with my enlarged knuckle.

Good luck!

EdSkinner

Shiny_Rock
I would think that a really wide band would be uncomfortable. As other people have suguested you can look into a fingerfit type shank or a butterfly. Also a cheep way to go is to have the shank sized to fit to get over your knuckle and have a couple of gold balls put on the inside of the shank to keep it from spinning.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/11/2004 12:14
6.gif
7 AM
Author: headlight

My heart goes out to you. I, too, have problems with my left-hand ring finger: I have an arthritic condition whereas the synovium is inflamed and I have a large ''lump/hump'' that makes a significant disparity between the size that will go over the knuckle and the size where the ring should sit. Also, I hate the way my finger looks.

Anyway, I went the route of the ''arthritic/specialty'' shank and first tried Superfit but that was a nightmare. Then I found Lockshank (www.lockshank.com) and it has been great. I highly recommend it. It is pricey in platinum, but worth it. I can actually wear my ring without it spinning and without having to even deal with my enlarged knuckle.

Good luck!

This is what I was going to say. My cousin has his wedding band made like this, it was a VERY pricey custom job but worth it. He broke his finger so many times that there are pins in the knuckle making his knuckle 4 sizes bigger than the rest of his finger (its gross). This was the only way he could get a ring on.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/11/2004 9:26:36 AM
Author: HAMMER
I would think that a really wide band would be uncomfortable. As other people have suguested you can look into a fingerfit type shank or a butterfly. Also a cheep way to go is to have the shank sized to fit to get over your knuckle and have a couple of gold balls put on the inside of the shank to keep it from spinning.
If someone has a pronounced nodule protruding from the knuckle region, the sizing balls unfortunately are quite painful to get passed that part of the finger.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results